Good Deal, I think ?!?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriggerT

Mr. Impatient
Reaction score
I just received my new helmet, a Shoei X11. I purchased it on E-Bay for $315.00 including shipping. Helmet arrived well packaged, new in the Shoei box, with all paperwork and accessories. The manufactured date is 09/06, which seemed pretty good to me.

What do you guys think, good deal or no?

By the way, this is my 4th Shoei, so I was quite sure on the size I would need, and this one fits just like my previous helmets fit when they were new.

That's not a good deal, it's a great deal! I've had my X11 for 3 years and can't beat it for comfort and visibility.

Dave

That's a very goo deal on a solid, excellent deal on a graphic. I've been shopping a new X-11 (been wearing the X series forever) and I'm having a very hard time finding graphics less than $600 and solids for less than $500 off the internet. Used to be fairly easy to get a deal on Shoei. Shoei seems to have gone the route of Arai and made distributors stick to pricing.

Is yours solid or graphic?

That's a very goo deal on a solid, excellent deal on a graphic. I've been shopping a new X-11 (been wearing the X series forever) and I'm having a very hard time finding graphics less than $600 and solids for less than $500 off the internet. Used to be fairly easy to get a deal on Shoei. Shoei seems to have gone the route of Arai and made distributors stick to pricing.

Is yours solid or graphic?

Cheapest place I found for X-11 was parts411.com but you need to "call" to get the price, it will not be listed online.

Thanks for checking with the seller.

And thanks for the tip on 411.com. Been looking for a few weeks now for a couple of new helmets for myself and the S.O.

EDIT: I did check with 411 and they are the best deal on the net I can find so far on either Shoei or Arai. And I think I've checked just about everywhere. 90% are selling at the same prices and 411 undercut those prices quite a bit. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn! If I could get an X-11 for $315 shipped I would be all over it.

My current X-11 is about 4 years old and has about 70,000 miles on it. It's just a wee bit worn, but I haven't been to eager to shell out another $500. Great helmet though.

The X-11 has a lot more venting, so it is both cooler and louder. Seems like people who are either in a warmer climate, or hot headed, like the X-11 better. Also the X-11 is usually more $$.