Good deal?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianm767

Reaction score
2006 FJR1300A

700 miles

Factory trunk with backrest

Mint

11,499 + tax and 15 transfer fee

good deal or ???

Buy it. They just broke it in for you. Hopefully they did it right.
well you never know, but the guy traded it in for a BMW RT1200, I think he was probably pretty mature? I hope
Well, I hope the one you are/were looking at is not the one I just bought from Cycle Specialties BMW in Modesto, CA. I just brought that one home. Paid $11490 plus tax and license. 700 miles on speedo. Saw it in Cycle trader yesterday. Knew I would have to jump on it or it would be gone quick.. If you want one, you gotta pounce! I've put about 200 miles on it just today. Totally different than my cruiser, but I'm going to like it, a lot, I think. Love the storage with the trunk and all. Most of all I love the ride, the much improved cornering capability and the smoooooth throttle. Not as much torque as my VTX1800C but give it a second or two and it really comes on strong!!! Don't know if I will ever use all the speed this thing has, kinda doubt it. Strange thing is I find my self just putting along, going with the flow more than on my X. Maybe it's all the fiberglass, who knows, I'll figure it out later. :yahoo: :dribble: B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if I will ever use all the speed this thing has, kinda doubt it. Strange thing is I find my self just putting along, going with the flow more than on my X. Maybe it's all the fiberglass, who knows, I'll figure it out later. :yahoo: :dribble: B)
Ooooohhhh, another Elk Grove owner (I'm by "Old Town"). Your going to love riding the Sierras with this bike. Keep your eyes peeled in the Ride Planning thread for the NorCal get togethers.

Last edited by a moderator:
2006 FJR1300A700 miles

Factory trunk with backrest

Mint

11,499 + tax and 15 transfer fee

good deal or ???
:blink: If it really is a [/i]mint '06 with just 700 miles, factory trunk and backrest, it's a steal and you better jump on it, because it'll be gone in a New York minute.

Don't know if I will ever use all the speed this thing has, kinda doubt it. Strange thing is I find my self just putting along, going with the flow more than on my X. Maybe it's all the fiberglass, who knows, I'll figure it out later. :yahoo: :dribble: B)
Ooooohhhh, another Elk Grove owner (I'm by "Old Town"). Your going to love riding the Sierras with this bike. Keep your eyes peeled in the Ride Planning thread for the NorCal get togethers.
I live near Bel Air. Near Elk Grove Blvd and Waterman Blvd. Will watch the NorCal Ride Planning thread.

Couldn't believe my "luck" in finding this one. Not a scratch, nada. Virtually a new one at a "bargain" price. Now I just have to explain to my wife when she returns from a business trip why there are two motorcycles in our garage :( :dribble: :D :ph34r:

Totally different than my cruiser, but I'm going to like it, a lot, I think. Love the storage with the trunk and all. Most of all I love the ride, the much improved cornering capability and the smoooooth throttle. Not as much torque as my VTX1800C but give it a second or two and it really comes on strong!!! Don't know if I will ever use all the speed this thing has, kinda doubt it. Strange thing is I find my self just putting along, going with the flow more than on my X. Maybe it's all the fiberglass, who knows, I'll figure it out later. :yahoo: :dribble: B)

I had an 18C also. Sold it when I bought my FJR. Kinda miss it some days to tell the truth. It was a very nice bike. Much roomier than the FJR, which feels surprisingly cramped by comparison. Handled great for something as big as a truck, but sorely let down by lack of ground clearance. Wife and I are leaving on a 3000 mile trip tomorrow on the FJR. Anxious to see how that goes...I think. <_<