• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Good Price for '03?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LimeyFJR

Reaction score
I am looking at an '03 with 7800 miles on it, they are asking 6995.00. The bike is standard other than an aftermarket windshield and is in good condition.

Anything to look for on a '03 and what are you thoughts on the price being asked?

Thanks.

The asking price is a bit on the high side; not completely outragious (IMHO) bacause miles are ridiculously low. I sold my '03 last summer. It had close to 20k miles on it and I had brought it back very close to stock. I sold it for $6500. I would think that the bike you're looking at should sell in the $6200-$6500 range. Just my opinion.

Probably the biggest thing to watch...or LISTEN...for is whether it's a "ticker" (do a search....plenty of info on what that is here). Although with so few miles, even if it is one, it may not have started yet.

Other than that, be aware that the bike has done a LOT of sitting. Check tires, hoses and other rubber parts for signs of dry rot. Has oil been changed regularly or, because of so few miles, has the same oil been in it for years!?

Great bike, though. I loved my'03; definitely the quickest year! Good luck with the deal.

fyi, last September I bought my '04 with 70k miles for $6200

was nicely farkled with risers, Sargeant seat, fork brace, new front tire, Yammy trunk

Today, I wouldn't want to pay anymore than $5200-5500 in this economy and buyer's market

JMHO,

Mike in Nawlins'

Well, I admit, my research and experience is that "old with real low miles" ain't necessary good as machines do best when they run periodically...and real high miles might mean it's worn out.

I looked around to get an idea how long a Feejer well maintained could last, and what I could afford is what I found with the bet that a very well maintained (SouthernCruizer Jay showed and convinced me he was anal like moi on maintenance) Feejer with under 75k miles was a good buy at what I could afford. And I only had to travel 60 miles to pick it up.

again, JMHO

Mike in Nawlins'