Got my Corbin Saddle today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squidbilly

Reaction score
So I received my new Corbin seat today. I went on a ride to Fredericksburg and back, about an hour and a half. I was worried that I would find it too hard as a lot of guys have said, but to my relief, it was outstanding! Very happy with my purchase. It was indeed stiffer, however, the amount of support it provided as well as the lowered seat height (about an inch and a half) worked well together to dramatically improve an already ergonomically good bike. An added benefit was the relative height gain by my stock windscreen, placing my head in smoother air, less buffeting. This upgrade alone has me looking forward to my ride back to CA next month. 500 mile days will be easy now. :yahoo:

congrats on the new saddle glad to hear it is working for you. I also have considered corbin but also have been concerned about reports that the saddle is too hard.

congrats on the new saddle glad to hear it is working for you. I also have considered corbin but also have been concerned about reports that the saddle is too hard.
I've had them on numerous bikes and on my current bikes. They do seem hard when you get on, but then seem to disappear for hundreds of miles. I've never had the urge to try any other type and would in a minute if it seemed to be a problem. However, some do find them too firm. However, those who do also like women with soft sagging boobs like those of the Ubangi women we saw in National Geographic when we were kids.

I think a lot depends on how you ride. If you ride forward on the tank a bit , balls of the feet most of the time under your knees they are great. If you ride more "in" the seat vs on it, the others are a better choice.

Shit we didn't know you would be coming back.
There goes the neighborhood.... again.... :p
Sorry guys. I have to come home. This place is sucks for its lack of mc diversity. Only weekend middle-class badasses on their cookie-cutter mystique machines out here. If I never see another Road King, it will be too soon.

Sorry guys. I have to come home. This place is sucks for its lack of mc diversity. Only weekend middle-class badasses on their cookie-cutter mystique machines out here. If I never see another Road King, it will be too soon.
Ok fine but you have to bring the bagels to the next tech day.
Done.

Done.
And guacamole too!

Heck Johnny, did you eat all of the left over bagels from last time already? :rolleyes:

Had a Corbin Gunfighter on my FJ12-great seat but I will never have another leather seat..The first time the bike sat outside a motel all nite in the pouring rain it got soaked and I had a wet ass for the next three days..