Got the Bike back from Smitty

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mehaffydr

Reaction score
I had purchased a couple of farkles from some fellow FJR members. Thanks to them. I purchased a Sampson fuel cell that was used but in good condition. I have sanded the paint off and plan to paint blue to match bike. I had to purchase a few parts from sampson to make it work and Terry at sampson was very helpful on the parts and got me set up with everything I needed

I have a GIVI V46 currently mounted on a rear rack from SW Mototech but that was going to interfer with the fuel cell so I purchased the rear rack from OHFJR ( very nice piece) and Smitty mounted my SW Mototech quick release Givi mount to the OHFJR rear rack to get the proper clearence.

IMGP0435.jpg

Next part was this really cool Scotts filter. I bought it cause it looks nice .

IMGP0439.jpg

He also installed a Heat troller for my heated grips. Its much nicer than the factory one

IMGP0438.jpg

This is pic of fuel cell valve

IMGP0440.jpg

So again Thanks SO Much to Smitty for this most Excellent work now lets see about getting registered for some rallies this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
HeyMehaffydr,Is that a russell seat in half moon?

I've got one ordered, you like it?

++++++ on smitty's installs,he a real wizard on the FJR'S.

trimmantom Yes that is a Russell half moon I have had for about the last 6 months about 8-10 thousand miles. I have had the sargent and another custom seat but this is by far the best.

I was in a hurry earlier and didnt really mention that Smitty had to do some fab work to make all these components work together. It all turned out Great.

Now I have to get that cell painted and make some kind of cover plates to fill the gaps. I think I remember someone (ignocio maybe) else who posted about making smoe for a BLM fuel cell but will be about the same thing. Ill have to search that out but right now with talk of snow for sunday I have time to fab something.

I also had a pic of the mounting plate that Smitty modified. He drilled out the OHFJR plate to accept the quick release fasteners I had on my SW Mototech Mount for the givi trunk. So now I can remove the trunk and with by turning three screws 1/4 turn I can remove the bracket and have the nice clean OHFJR bracket.

IMGP0436.jpg

Mike, thanks again for the tip $$ and the kind words... Smitty

If you think that's nice work, get smitty to show you some pictures of the cars he has built.

B)