Gps mount for 3 gen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is an empty 10mm threaded hole on the clutch master cylinder where a mirror mount would go. This assembly must be used on other bikes. RAM mounts makes a 10mm ball that screws right into there. I have a RAM mount for my GPS attached to that ball with the short RAM arm. Power comes from a Garmin power supply that is tywrapped to the clutch hose and then run to a switched connection for the running light. When the GPS isn't on the bike there is only that small knob and a wire that I wrap around the clutch hose and tuck in. Not in the way of the instruments and high enough that I don't have to look to far from the road ahead to glance at it.

DSCN0267.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is an empty 10mm threaded hole on the clutch master cylinder where a mirror mount would go. This assembly must be used on other bikes. RAM mounts makes a 10mm ball that screws right into there. I have a RAM mount for my GPS attached to that ball with the short RAM arm. Power comes from a Garmin power supply that is tywrapped to the clutch hose and then run to a switched connection for the running light. When the GPS isn't on the bike there is only that small knob and a wire that I wrap around the clutch hose and tuck in. Not in the way of the instruments and high enough that I don't have to look to far from the road ahead to glance at it.
DSCN0267.jpg
This is the same set up that I have for my 550 Nuvi like your running but I just bought a 660 with a hard wired harness and was looking for a more permanent mounting solution. I am thinking about a Rambone, tourtech SW Motech, or the Yamaha GPS mount. I am trying to determine which one will be visible over my Yamaha FJR tank back but not stick up too much.

Last edited by a moderator: