GPS Mounting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Techmount clutch perch base for the 2730, and a Techmount steering stem base for the Zumo. I used the short stem for the Zumo at first, and I liked that one better because it was easier to see my speedo/tach/etc. I switch to the long stem because I got a taller tank bag and the short one caused interference. I am used to the taller one now and just use my GPS to check my speed, but I would like it if I could go back to the short stem.

I have never had the steering stem mount come loose. I have monkeyed with the Zumo, twisted it around to get the angle right, etc, and it has never affected the torque of the base. I have had the pivots loosen up from screwing around with the Zumo, but never the main nut.

P8160009.jpg

Home brew. Works very well.

Rider's view:

(Click on any image for larger view)

Bracket:

Full write-up here (after my Trophy mount).

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for those with the Techmount;Does the base rotate? In other words, after you torque the nut down, can you rotate the arm so it lines up correctly? I can't tell from the pictures.
I have the Techmount with the short stem. The piece circled in red (cradle) can be adjusted before you install the stem, there is a screw in the center of the cradle.

Techmount.jpg

Question for those with the Techmount;Does the base rotate? In other words, after you torque the nut down, can you rotate the arm so it lines up correctly? I can't tell from the pictures.
I have the Techmount with the short stem. The piece circled in red (cradle) can be adjusted before you install the stem, there is a screw in the center of the cradle.

Techmount.jpg
Thanks for the reply with photo. I couldn't imagine them selling such a mount that wasn't adjustable, but in their photo it looks like the nut and cradle are machined solid. Thanks for the clarification.