GPSuspension shock spring upgrade

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Go Far

mmmm- shiny!
Reaction score
I got this in the mail yeterday with a new spring!

I guess Dave isn't the type to sweep something like this under the carpet :yahoo:

I truly do not think I would have known :unsure:

gpsuspension.jpg

Thanks Warchild for the group buy and hooking us up with a stand-up guy :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

And for those of us without a microscope to read the letter, what does it say? :blink:

Glad they are making it right. Would be even nicer if they also said "we F*cked up, here's a RETURN UPS LABEL so it doesn't cost you ANYTHING for our mistake". If they did that, great. If not, well.... :glare:

How much do you weigh?

What spring did you have/ new one sent?

It should be marked on the box 650, 700, etc

How much do you weigh?
What spring did you have/ new one sent?

It should be marked on the box 650, 700, etc

The new spring is 800.

I weigh 185

I don't know what they sent originally.

No return shipping label
Hmmm.... I weigh 200 and have a 7x700. Haven't received anything from them. Are we ALL getting "upgraded" springs?

Anybody else get a replacement spring?

I told him I would be riding with a load- fuel cell, and all the gear for Ld riding.
Hmmm... all he asked me was my weight and nothing else.

I PM'd GP Suspension to ask about the situation, whether or not everyone is getting upgraded springs, or just a few. Hopefully they (Dave?) will report back soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I told him I would be riding with a load- fuel cell, and all the gear for Ld riding.
Hmmm... all he asked me was my weight and nothing else.

I PM'd GP Suspension to ask about the situation, whether or not everyone is getting upgraded springs, or just a few. Hopefully they (Dave?) will report back soon.
Let me know. I'm 230 and told him I do 2 up occasionally and gear. I originally got a 750. If you look back when we first did the GB I asked what spring everyone had and the folks with a shock from Traxxion where posting 100lbs heavier spring rates over the same weight areas.

I would not mind a heavier spring as it took a LOT of pre-load to set sag. and its back to nil if my wife gets on.

We finally got our hands on a 2007 and did some spring rate tesing for the 2006-2007 models. We found that the rate was a little soft so we sent out new springs for all of you that bought a shock for the 2006 and 2007 models only. Sorry I did not get a chance to supply a return shipment label with it, it has been crazy around here getting ready for Daytona. We just wanted to make sure we took care of those that intrusted us to purchase a shock for them, and have some customer service. Hope this helps you out.

We finally got our hands on a 2007 and did some spring rate tesing for the 2006-2007 models. We found that the rate was a little soft so we sent out new springs for all of you that bought a shock for the 2006 and 2007 models only. Sorry I did not get a chance to supply a return shiptment label with it, it has been crazy around here getting ready for Daytona. We just wanted to make sure we took care of those that intrusted us to purchase a shock for them, and have some customer service. Hope this helps you out.
Good luck in Daytona! Wish I was going along to "help".

Looking forward to getting my spring sooner or later... since I have a longer swing arm 2006. So is there a rule of thumb? Increasing the 06-07 springs by 100?

We finally got our hands on a 2007 and did some spring rate tesing for the 2006-2007 models. We found that the rate was a little soft so we sent out new springs for all of you that bought a shock for the 2006 and 2007 models only. Sorry I did not get a chance to supply a return shipment label with it, it has been crazy around here getting ready for Daytona. We just wanted to make sure we took care of those that intrusted us to purchase a shock for them, and have some customer service. Hope this helps you out.
Where are you going to set up?

We will be with the Safety First Suzuki Team in the garages somewhere. We are flying in and leaving the mobile shop at home.

We will be with the Safety First Suzuki Team in the garages somewhere. We are flying in and leaving the mobile shop at home.
Does this mean I have to buy a paddock pass :yahoo:

mmmm does life suck or what ;) :cray:

Sorry I did not get a chance to supply a return shipment label with it, it has been crazy around here getting ready for Daytona. We just wanted to make sure we took care of those that intrusted us ...
I got my shock today. Thanks. It will prob be a week or three until I can swap out. (kids bday slumber party, honey doos, work etc...) I can wait till after Daytona for a call tag :)

Sent my spring back today & called to let them know how happy I am to have been hooked up with such an awesome company thru GB on this forum.