Great road discovery

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dzane

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Discovered another great motorcycle road yesterday. Was on US 12 from Grand Mound to Elma searching for a way to US 101 without interference from I-5. (A side note: US 12 in that area is almost as bad as I-5). Turned up the back road from Elma to McCleary and saw a sign pointing to Shelton along Cloquallum Rd. "Oh yeah, this looks interesting," I thought. It was outstanding smooth pavement sweepers and lots of elevation change with increasing/decreasing radius turns and did I mention smooth pavement? Oh and there were just enough straight stretches to get past the inevitable pylons. 20+ miles of beautiful road and pretty good scenery before being dumped into downtown Shelton. (One patch of rough road about mile 15 or so but it was really short and not that rough). Need to find a good pit stop, with good coffee, in downtown Shelton. This one has to be done again. OBTW, SR 108 ain't bad either and I hear the Matlock highway is a good one too. Gonna soon do an Olympic Loop with some play time built in for this area. I need my riding partner to get the wheels, (those are the round things with rubber on them, o unnamed R-1 rider), back on their bikes so we can do this. Get 'em painted already! Take the time for this one guys. Get out there and ride!

I was over there a few weeks ago and found the road from Montesano to Wynoochee Lake to be similarly cool (with really fresh pavement and almost zero traffic).

I found myself cutting through Matlock to get to Shelton.

Guys,

Anyone have any info on rides in the eastern Oregon area? Planning a trip up from Napa, ca and heard there are decent roads up there.

Thanks,

cg

Link Hwy 3 North of Enterprise A.K.A “The Rattlesnake” is good also hwy 245 near Unity is very nice if you like a little twisty stuff. Wallaloa loop road is questionable it may still be closed due some heavy flooding that occurred last year.

Zephrysix

Last edited by a moderator: