Greensboro, NC area Tech Day?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would definitely be interested in attemding. I wrench pretty much everything I own and could offer up extra tools (common and speciality)

Not sure if we have any other track day addicts considering this but one conflict I see is that the weekend of Sept 29/30 is one of the two fall USDesmo track days (down at CMP in Kershaw, SC).. I already have a commitment to ride with them that weekend. No big deal if I miss this tech day. I catch the next round. Select a date that is best for the majority.

-Eddie

All who are interested should offer up some dates or comment on those currently proposed. CC

I vote for Oct. Doesn't really matter to me but a lot of other events get scheduled in Sept.

It looks like either folks don't care about the date, or vote for October. October 6th is now out for me. I have to be in NJ on Friday night (the 5th), and I can't guarantee that I'll be back in time. I may be flying or driving on the 6th.

How many folks can make it on the 13th? Is that out for anyone? This is my first year in NC, and not sure what weather we might expect then.

Joe

As a thought / suggestion, perhaps you could schedule this to coincide with EOM.

For example, NERDS is next week. FJRed is hosting a Tech Day next Wednesday for folks rolling in who could use some assistance with stuff on their bikes.

And good on ya for stepping up and offering to host, no matter when ya have it!

That reminds me... I've gotta get with Bust, RaYzerman and 'fitter to figure out when we're gonna have Tech Day V...

As a thought / suggestion, perhaps you could schedule this to coincide with EOM.

For example, NERDS is next week. FJRed is hosting a Tech Day next Wednesday for folks rolling in who could use some assistance with stuff on their bikes.

And good on ya for stepping up and offering to host, no matter when ya have it!

That reminds me... I've gotta get with Bust, RaYzerman and 'fitter to figure out when we're gonna have Tech Day V...
That sounds good. I'm pretty flexible on the dates. I can only do weekends though. My job is 100% travel and I'm gone at least Monday-Friday most every week. It consumes a weekend on occasion as well.

Joe

Good on ya for steppin' up to host. I'm pretty open thru Christmas with very few exceptions so whatever date is good for me.

I've done all my own maintenance for a couple yrs now so the opportunity to pass along some insight and gain some as well is surely welcomed.

I will still go with Saturday, October 13th. It doesn't sound like anyone so far has any wrenching to do, or not much of it anyway. I don't have to do any myself either. So, if anyone has any work to do, please speak up. If not, it'll be a social gathering. I can grill some stuff. I will probably even break out my smoker, and maybe do a few chickens. I'm not a big drinker, so if you need to have a favorite adult beverage on hand, you'd be best off bringing some of it along. There are 2 convenience stores within a couple of miles of the house if you want to buy your beverages locally.

PM for my address if you're thinking of coming.

Thanks,

Joe

Just now checking in the forum and seeing this. I will make this event if possible. Too early to know for certain. But if I can make it, I'll bring lots of tools, misguided expertise and bad advice.

Just now checking in the forum and seeing this. I will make this event if possible. Too early to know for certain. But if I can make it, I'll bring lots of tools, misguided expertise and bad advice.
This is EXACTLY the kind of assistance I was looking for. I hope you can make it. :p

Joe

excellent! good to see you havnt forgotten us.

Sounds like a great time! Wish I could be there but thats the time when I'll be tryin to rid the woods of a deer or two. Y'all have fun!!

So...is it on for Oct 13th?

I'm new to the FJR, having coming off a Concours and other older bikes, but am pretty comfortable with wrenching in general, and would have some questions specific to the FJR (shim under buckets for example).

Coming from near Durham NC, and would look forward to meeting other FJR folks before I start too much farkling (got an audiovox cruise that sems to not work and I need to think about how to remove that gizmo)

As far as I'm concerned, it's on. If our attendance is low on our first Get Together, then I will invite some neighbors and we'll make a party out of it! PM Sent with my address. The GPS will find me easily. If you are messing around with maps, I'm still easy to find.

Joe

I would think a few of us charlotte guys could get in on that. It would be nice to get Mr.Ashe involved.

You know, I never gave it a thought until now....I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes with this. If there is already and established spot for Tech Days near me I definitely don't want to be hijacking it.

If I am encroaching on another event, please point it out. I'm trying to contribute, not F things up.

Joe
Live up the in Salem Va but definitely would come.