Grip heaters and puppies

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huchieglide

Reaction score
I'm about done installing the heating element bar wrap grip heaters. I ripped one of my grip puppies while in removal. Before I order another set I have a question. Will enough heat pass through the stock grips plus grip pups in this application? Anyone with the kimpex/dualstar/symtec heaters also running puppies over stock grips? I like the extra thickness of this application plus the throttle leverage but am now wondering about the heat transfer. Otherwise I will check out some of the aftermarket grips that are a bit thicker than stock.

I'm about done installing the heating element bar wrap grip heaters. I ripped one of my grip puppies while in removal. Before I order another set I have a question. Will enough heat pass through the stock grips plus grip pups in this application? Anyone with the kimpex/dualstar/symtec heaters also running puppies over stock grips? I like the extra thickness of this application plus the throttle leverage but am now wondering about the heat transfer. Otherwise I will check out some of the aftermarket grips that are a bit thicker than stock.

The puppies transfer heat just fine - I run them, as do several other forum members. They tend to "hold" the heat - very nice.

I run them too with no major issues. They are not as hot as they are without the grip puppies but they work just fine.