Grip Puppies

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunno, FJRottie. If I decide to do it, I'll take photos and give a report. That assumes that my hands don't end up welded to the bars by a hot gooie rubber mess. OTOH, if it works it will be a simple and cheap way to add heat.
I know this is a pretty old post but I wanted to see if anyone has had any issues with the grip puppies melting when the hand heaters are on high? I just bought some and would like to know before I turn on the heat. Thanks.

2006FJR, if the grips got hot enough to melt the grip puppies, you'd have 3rd degree burns on your hands by now.

I have grip puppies on my heated grips - as does TurboDave_98. They get nice and warm, and do not melt. In fact, I think they tend to hold the heat better - kind of like insulation.

Warm and slightly soft .... kind of reminds me of ........

ah..... never mind. :blink:
+1 Grip puppies over my heated grips. 10,000 miles, no problems.

Ok stupid question where do you buy the small grip puppies?Like to support people on this forum so ?

Premier Cycle Accessories is now a distributor for the Grip Puppies hand grips. Our inventory is due to arrive by the end of the week and they should be advertised on our site by tomorrow afternoon. The pricing will be $7.50 per pair for both the large and small diameter. Thanks! Premier Cycle Accessories