Grips ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
I have better grips on my MX bike than the FJR. They are WAY too hard for my taste. I normally use Factory 909 Ergo on the YZ. Nice gel palm pad and ribbed for pleasure!

What grips do others prefer for the FJR?

Sources?

+1 on the BMW Grips, And while you are changing grips, slip on some $20 kimpex(sp?) heaters under them. It is absolutely wonderful on those chilly mornings!! Probably one of the best bang for buck farkles I've done so far.

link for kimpex...not an advertisement

Last edited by a moderator:
I have these on my bike right now. The shape and larger diameter provide nice comfort. The stockers gave me cramps.

https://www.motorhelmets.com/htm1/bodyparts...randtouring.htm

Of course I have the Dual Star grip heaters under them. Very nice when riding in cool-cold weather.

I have also had a very comfortable gel type grip called "Murphs Grips" on previous bikes. A little smaller than the touring grips but much softer.

They are available at www.murphskits.com He also stocks the DualStar heaters.

Either are a big improvement over stock IMHO.

FJReady

I've tried the stock grips, BMW, and the Tacki Grand Touring. The Tacki's were the best of that bunch. But I finally went back to the stock grips with Grip Puppies installed over them.......the perfect answer for me. Before you go out and buy new grips, try the Grip Puppies. When they wear out, you simply slide on a new pair. Inexpensive and effective.

Last edited by a moderator:
stock grips with Grip Puppies installed over them.......the perfect answer for me
Me too. I like the Grip Puppies. Perfect width and feel.

I don't know the right size though. I got mine from Warp (forum member).

Maybe someone else can say which size is right.

Black Mamba, did you have a pair wear out ? If so, how many miles did it take.

FJRottie....I've never worn out a pair of Grip Puppies...got over 12,000 miles on this set and they look and feel great. Stands to reason, though, that they will wear quicker than a standard grip....being that they are so soft. When they do wear out, however, a simple swap with a new pair and off you go.

I have Grip Puppies on my 05 and ordered a set for my 06.They help a lot for vibes and comfort.

Grip Puppies

Ed..... :boss:

Grip Puppies and stock grips is the cats ass....

works great, and installs in minutes...

worth it to absorb vibes, and comfy too... :)

Grip Puppy Question....

Of you guys that have them,,, Do you have grip heaters? how well do the heaters work with the grip puppies??

Thanks,

Ben

Grip Puppies are the way to go. Just put them over the stock grips. I have them on my FJR, Nighthawk, GSXR and now on my GL1200. Not sure I'll ever need to buy another regular set of grips, just keep slipping on new Grip Puppies when the old ones tear or otherwise deteriorate. Great product.

Lee in the Mountains of Northern California B)

If your hands cramp up, try the tacki grips, though. Their fatter and sort-of football shaped, they really made a difference for me.

UPMW grips this....girlie man grips that....what a bunch of limp wristed wussies :blink: ....real men suck it up....don't whine....& use the stock grips :haha: :haha: :haha: :bb: :bb: :bb2: :bb2:

Latest posts