Grips ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPMW grips this....girlie man grips that....what a bunch of limp wristed wussies :blink: ....real men suck it up....don't whine....& use the stock grips :haha:   :haha:   :haha:   :bb:   :bb:   :bb2:   :bb2:
Right on Mike,

With all due respect to the high mileage guys who need to added comfort on accout of that - What the hell is this place coming to? <_< it's to HOT, I have VIBRATIONS :rolleyes: The seat is to HARD. geezus k-rice :( You whiners think it's that bad :beee: Buy a hardly or a UJM from the early seventys to the early nintys. Now THERE are some bikes ya can't ride across town without some serious comfort issues.

I need a nap!

:jester:

bustanut joker....+1.... but.... you forgot to mention the hinge in the middle of the ujm due to TOO MUCH POWER....NOT ENOUGH FRAME :blink: ....Ah the good old days....don't miss them at all :bye2: ....bustanut joker.... just between you & me....I'm not sure if they are all too young & whiny or too old & whiny ;)

stock grips with Grip Puppies installed over them.......the perfect answer for me
Me too. I like the Grip Puppies. Perfect width and feel.

I don't know the right size though. I got mine from Warp (forum member).

Maybe someone else can say which size is right.

Black Mamba, did you have a pair wear out ? If so, how many miles did it take.
Which one is the right size small or the large ones???? :dribble:

Which one is the right size small or the large ones???? :dribble:
The small ones- I just bought them and they fit and work great! (the large ones are for larger diameter grips- like the ones on cruisers).

John

Which one is the right size  small or the large ones???? :dribble:
The small ones- I just bought them and they fit and work great! (the large ones are for larger diameter grips- like the ones on cruisers).

John
Thank you :clap: :) :p

I just installed the Progrip 714s on my '06. What a wonderful difference they make! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Vibes above 4k are far less now than with the stockers.

Where are ya'll buying the grip puppies? Do Motocycle stores carry them, or are you ordering them from somewhere?

Thanks.

Have tried Grip Puppies over stock grips as well as Tacki GT...prefer the Tacki's. The football shape seems to provide a "relief" for my thumb, less of a pressure point in that area.

I installed grip puppies on my 06 about 3-4 days ago, have about 200 miles riding with them so far they feel good right hand not going numb anymore quick cheap fix worked for me.

My vote for the BMW grips. Warchild farkle.
It also allows you to go and visit the BMW shop. Fun to go slumming! :D
Actually not a bad idea. I may try to swing by one today. Maybe I can see what the new "Bike of the Year" looks like.

+1 on the grip puppies

BTW: An easy way to install them, put them in a little soapy water and then use a blow gun on an air compressor and they will slide right on if you get a little air flowing under them. Sure works a lot better than cussing them out....

-jwilly

Try taking a can of "Great Stuff" spray foam insulation and spray it to the grips. Before it dries, put your gloves on and quickly grab the grips. You then have custom molded grips for perfect ergos. Then whittle away the excess until you have the look you want. Finish off with a can of black spraypaint.

If you do this one, you don't belong on a FJR.

Can the kimpex heaters be installed between the stock grips and the grip pups? This would be a lazy way of doing the job, might give more BTUs too...but will it work?

As promised, I stopped by the BMW dealer to try to get the BMW grips shown ealier. I definitely know why I don't have a BMW. The "out the door" price for a set of those grips is $60. I passed.

They did have a R1200RT on the floor (the only model with those grips on them). I think I might like them, but not willing on spending $60 to experiment with them.

By the way, they did not have the newly crowned "Motorcyle of the Year" there, so it really was a wasted trip. At least none of the salesman insulted me this time (ond did last time when I told him I was getting an FJR). I'm almost kind of pissed about that. I was ready with a good comeback this time.

ok - so far tonight's sojourn on the board has cost me $200.50 in farkles. a cheap night, as these things go, but still, i think it'd be safest to go to bed....

ride safe. grip puppies 'r' us...

Latest posts