• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ground Spider overload harnesses

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin

I'll add you to the list. They're selling very slow since recall came out and I'm out of material. I'll order more material after I get at least 6 orders, because I order enough to do 10 sets at a time, and I don't want to sit on them for a year or more.

Art

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Art

I just sent another potential customer your way. You do good work and I'd hate to see the members not have an option to the grounding weakness on our 2nd Gen. bikes.

I tend to agree with you, the Yamaha recall harness is only a partial fix but I still recommend it just to keep the bike up to date recall wise.

I think there is still a demand for your product, hang in there.

smile.gif

Brodie

Hey Art

I just sent another potential customer your way. You do good work and I'd hate to see the members not have an option to the grounding weakness on our 2nd Gen. bikes.

I tend to agree with you, the Yamaha recall harness is only a partial fix but I still recommend it just to keep the bike up to date recall wise.

I think there is still a demand for your product, hang in there.

smile.gif

Brodie
The list is getting bigger. So I will be ordering more material soon.

Art,

Sounds like good protection for my 2007. Still reading up on the problem. Please add me to the list for a full set and let me know how/when to order them.

Thanks for offering a solution, Mike

Art,

Sounds like good protection for my 2007. Still reading up on the problem. Please add me to the list for a full set and let me know how/when to order them.

Mike

You've been added to the list. I'm making another batch now so it will only be a few days.

Art

Art,

Mike

You've been added to the list. I'm making another batch now so it will only be a few days.

Art
Great! Just in time for some summer road trips.

I've had the grounding recall applied to my brand-new '09 AE, but am wondering if I need to do more.

Would a lights-only overload harness be worth adding?

I've had the grounding recall applied to my brand-new '09 AE, but am wondering if I need to do more.

Would a lights-only overload harness be worth adding?
I think more grounds is a good thing, but that's me. I don't know if it's needed, but it sure can't hurt. I don't see how the recall going on the S4 can help the S6, so you may want to do more.

Art,

The harness install was a breeze great instructions easy to follow. I checked all the spiders except S8 (I got tired of playing where's Waldo around the fairing) and found no corrosion on any of them. I think I went a little overboard with the dielectric grease. Though you can never have enough of a good thing.

Thanks again for getting those out so quickly. That little harness of yours has brought me peace of mind. 45 min test ride and I didn't worry about any of those spiders.

Thanks

Bob

To anyone on the fence about this wiring fix, get it and install it. Well worth the money. And to you guys that bought it and it's just sitting on your tool box. Get off your duff and spend the 60 min it takes to do the install. You'll feel better, your bike will run better and your life will improve in general. :D

Hi Art - whoops, I'm sorry, I missed your reply. If it's not too late, then yes, a Gen II (2008) in SLC. If you only have the headlight harness, that's also OK. Let me know the cost and I'll PayPal straight away.

My apologies again for not getting back sooner. (I thought I had subscribed to the thread, but I must have messed that up).

David

Art, please add me to the list for when the next batch is ready. Full set, please.

Many thanks, David
David

Do you have a Gen II ? They're for the second gen.

Hi Art - whoops, I'm sorry, I missed your reply. If it's not too late, then yes, a Gen II (2008) in SLC. If you only have the headlight harness, that's also OK. Let me know the cost and I'll PayPal straight away.

My apologies again for not getting back sooner. (I thought I had subscribed to the thread, but I must have messed that up).

David

Art, please add me to the list for when the next batch is ready. Full set, please.

Many thanks, David
David

Do you have a Gen II ? They're for the second gen.
PM sent.

This is my last set until the next batch. EB is closed for the month of August, so some time after that I can order more plugs.

Art,

I'm hoping you are still in business and making these. If you are, could you please add me to the list. Last post on this thread was on August 2012?!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

2009 FJR 1300 A

Hi verranth,

If you have a soldering iron and some wire, it's an easy enough job to do.

A mate dropped in with a S6 spider fault and we ended up soldering pig tails to each copper bridging piece then spliced them onto a new "main neutral" return to the battery.

RadoiHowie has a good post on where the spiders are located.

All up it took us about 3 hours to do, mind you our new harness was no where as nice as his was, but practical.