• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Grounding Harness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends

Yes this thread is still active. I am still offering my Grounding Harness. They take about an hour and a half to build, and I am working on them, but sometimes life pushes it's way in and I have to live it :rolleyes:

I do have several in the pipeline with more components on the way. Thank you al for your patience, I will get to you.

Brodie

Hey Brode...

Heading off on a 7K trip from 6/3 to 6/19, so...I decided to take a peek at the black widow. Lucky for me she looks great, so I'll hold off for now. I'll check in with you in a few weeks and figger out if I need one of your wonderful harnesses.

Mack

Brodie, although I haven't experienced any issues yet, I'm not taking my chances... I'll take one. Put me on the list Ted

Got mine, thanks Brodie!

Are there installation instructions or did I miss them somewhere?

Brodie,

Thank-you for the superb workmanship once again. Installed my new ground harness this evening (actually, my mechanic did it). My Datel volt readout went up .7 of a volt, and my Honda grip warmers that could not go beyond 2 bars over the last winter were blazing on all 4, even at idle! The spiders all "looked" ok, but obviously things were headed down hill.

For those who want to know what this cost me here in the city of Seoul, I had the harness installed, along with an HID kit installed (forum buy), an oil, filter and shaft oil change plus a good wash and wax for $82.65 (supplied my own oil and parts).

Last edited by a moderator:
<snip>Installed my new ground harness this evening (actually, my mechanic did it). My Datel volt readout went up .7 of a volt, and my Honda grip warmers that could not go beyond 2 bars over the last winter were blazing on all 4, even at idle! The spiders all "looked" ok, but obviously things were headed down hill.

<snip>
Tim

Thanks for the kind words.

Looks like the grounding system on your bike benefited with the addition of a second path to negative battery terminal. When I first installed my harness on my bike my Datel showed no sign of voltage increase. That tells me my bike was healthy. My OEM grips (AE model) had no trouble keeping up. You may want to revisit how you have your electrical Farkles installed. They should be on their own circuits, separate from Yamaha's system. Are you running a sub panel, or at least relays supplied by a fused connection straight from (and to) the battery?

Brodie

I have both and it works just fine. The Randy harness uses the battery for power and ground so essentially there is (almost) no interaction.

Anyone higher up on the list willing to give me their spot would be most appreciate. The fairings and wheels are already off while I wait on suspension upgrade from GPSuspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.