Group Buy - Who wants in? Crash Bars/Engine Guards for the FJR! YES!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting. Not going to protect the stator, but should do wonders for saving plastic. Not sure on the rear bars. I can't help but wonder if the aluminum stay will simply snap under the leverage of the crash bar, resulting in more expense and still rashed bags, at least for an at speed crash. Low speed or drops, awesome protection.
No plans for a Gen I version?
I also am skeptical, I was unable to find any actual 'crash' info on their website...

After looking at the pics on their web site it seems that you'd get about 80% of the protection on the front w/o the funky upper loop. That would make for a much lower profile crash bar, though might not save the mirrors in a low side event.

You don't want 'em, Vic, they'd just be in the way when you wash the bike! :D

On-topic, I was skeptical about the rears holding up if the bike went down. Wouldn't road friction or bumping something just leverage them off . . .

The larger pic on their website shows the brace to the passenger footpeg bracket which is not very clear in the small picture originally posted. That makes it a bit stronger, but still, I'm seeing those more as drop guards than crash guards, any speed involved in the slide and those things catch on something, I see broken brackets, maybe even broken rear subframe.

You don't want 'em, Vic, they'd just be in the way when you wash the bike! :D
Oh Damn!! I didn't think of THAT!! :unsure: OK, Nevermind!.................NOT!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I'm still interested. You're right about the protection on a Long Slide Situation but, I'm thinking more about a standing drop. I've had many of those

and that would save me alot of $$$!! In a Long Slide you're pretty much screwed anyway. :yahoo:

I had a set of rears similar to these on an ST1300 which was involved in a very hard 20mph right side crash. It got bent back slightly with zero damage to the rear of the scoot. Prevented major damage to right saddlebag and muffler. They'll pay for themselves on the first tipover. Also provide leg protection if broadsided by a cage.

I'm in.

Dan.

Why go halfway? Why not go for complete protection?

motorcyclerollcage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How much?

Only got a few responses... you'll need to contact them directly. Mention the FJR Forum and "Mas" when you call. Ask for Armando there at MC Enterprises.

Company Name: MC Enterprises

Phone: 866.886.2368

Guess I should check this forum out more often. I went ahead and purchased the MC Enterprises guards for my 2006 FJR before I read about the group buy. Non-group buy prices were as follows:

Engine/Fairing Guards (part #1200-100) were $150.00

Small Rear Guards (part #1200-300) were $112.50

Installation was very easy and took less than an hour.

P5180001.jpg

P5170006.jpg

P5170009.jpg

P5170004.jpg

Haven't noticed any substantial weight problems or any difference in handling.

Looks like you are the first.

So......

You gonna' throw that bike down so we can see how well they work? :D

More importantly, what are you going to mount on those tabs inside the front bars? Hmmm...?
Well this Memorial Day Weekend, how about some flags?

P5290005.jpg

After that I guess it's just limited by my imagination and wiring ability (which, if you look in the background, is not that great :unsure: ).

"After that I guess it's just limited by my imagination and wiring ability (which, if you look in the background, is not that great"

Maybe so, but there are a GREAT pair of legs in there. :dribble: