GTR1400 - more photos

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramfrank

BramFrank
Reaction score
Last weekend Kawasaki took the GTR1400 to the German GTR1000 annual gathering. Their site had pictures of a bunch of people drinking beer and such - but they had a live GTR1400 and let people sit on it, start it and so on (no riding, apparently). Clickable copies of the best five shots (actually 4 plus a shot of a comparo of horsepower & torque) from the meeting can be found below.. Enjoy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice location for the rear master cyl reservoir. No room for a cruise servo under that seat though.

I wonder if the development of the GTR1400, GENII FJR, and the general sporty look of most sport tourers will effect the development of the next ST1300?

I could see Honda trying to make the ST1300 look sportier and start to gear more towards the SPORT side. Honda already has a true tourer and right now the st1300 seems like it is in Sports touring limbo.

All and all, I really don't think the bike looks too bad with exception to the exhaust. Will be very interesting to see if they allow test rides.

Thanks for the pixs and info! Right front quarter picture looks like from that angle it will be hard to tell the GTR from the FJR at a glance.

GTR1400:….136 Nm @ 6,200 = 100 lb/ft.....Yummyha:…134 Nm @ 7,000 = 98 lb/ft

GTR1400:….155 PS @ 8,800 rpm = 153 hp.....Yummyha:…144 PS @ 8,000 = 143 hp

Talk about splitting hairs! Still no Kg’s, or hydrocarbon volumes.

I wonder if the development of the GTR1400, GENII FJR, and the general sporty look of most sport tourers will effect the development of the next ST1300?
I could see Honda trying to make the ST1300 look sportier and start to gear more towards the SPORT side. Honda already has a true tourer and right now the st1300 seems like it is in Sports touring limbo.

All and all, I really don't think the bike looks too bad with exception to the exhaust. Will be very interesting to see if they allow test rides.
\ I am looking forward to seeing the GTR but looking at the photos I think the FJR will be easier to farkle.I think Honda needs to do something to the ST.After I took one out on a test ride and experienced a road walk at high speed.That scared me silly and turned me off completely.IMHO the geometry is wrong and it is way too sensitive to cross winds and wake tubulences off vehicles.Friend of mine that works at a Yamaha dealership has taken in an 06 ST on a trade.Cant believe how little he is asking for it since it sells for nearly 15k new.Almost half off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pixs and info! Right front quarter picture looks like from that angle it will be hard to tell the GTR from the FJR at a glance.
GTR1400:….136 Nm @ 6,200 = 100 lb/ft.....Yummyha:…134 Nm @ 7,000 = 98 lb/ft

GTR1400:….155 PS @ 8,800 rpm = 153 hp.....Yummyha:…144 PS @ 8,000 = 143 hp

Talk about splitting hairs! Still no Kg’s, or hydrocarbon volumes.
Euro site has it at 615 lbs dry. No indication if that's the ABS equipped model or not.

Some observations:

First, the classic: How many times have you wanted to kill someone for this?

https://rides.webshots.com/photo/2703893280048697046szfVLj

And now, a pair of CATS directly underneath the oil pan and adjacent to the filter. Don't warm up the motor for an oil change!

https://rides.webshots.com/photo/2065688180048697046IbAYjk

I like their rear parallelogram setup. Let's see if it holds up over time.

https://rides.webshots.com/photo/2073510090048697046gkyWKF

Adding cruise control will be very easy on this bike.

https://rides.webshots.com/photo/2652598550048697046ojWpro

All Honda would have to do is redesign the Blackbird then watch out. Hey Ramone how about that dealer where the ST is about half off I'd be willing to buy an ST for that price then I could give everyone a day to day comparison as I rotated between bikes.