Guitar Carrier?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a Taylor 310ce and an 814ce... would love to know if you determine a "safe" way to pull this off. Good luck.Any reason you can not consider somehow securing to lay flat on the back seat with the neck pointing straight off the back?

Mark

I took some Bungy's and come along straps and experimented with laying it flat on the back...and also looked at tieing it off to the side by resting it on the passenger pedal and then strapping it down. I could not find a stable position laying it on the seat and hanging out back. I was able to stabilize it on the side, but it wasn't bullet proof. One mishap and a very nice guitar becomes a regrettable incident, so I decided the risk wasn't worth the gain....of saving a few bucks on gas.

If Garauld can fashion up something that is very stable, I think the guitar will ride just fine if most of the weight sits where the bag goes.

nice guitars btw....in retrospect I wish I had sprung the extra bucks for the inlay on the 814.

Last edited by a moderator:
btw...What's that "Warn" thing under my avatar about?
That's to protect us from becoming the "stooges" we have been accused of over on the Texas VTX board. :D

Excuse me sir...but...isn't a VTX a big bulky V-twin motorcycle based upon antiquated engine technology...essentially a knock off of even slower and more antiquated engineering, i.e. Harley Davidson "Cruisers." Pardon me please...but that has nothing to do with me.

I ride an FJR, 4cyl, linked abs, art in motion...you must have me confused with someone. :rolleyes:

and btw...my warn meter is at 0% which means that I am a good little boy and not a "Stooge"

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding rear seat placement, since you were already considering fabrication of some sort of a "bracket"...I was thinking it might be easier and safer for one that creates a platform/rack/frame that sits flat over the rear seat. (maybe even with rear seat removed?) You could then safely strap and secure guitar to that. Gravity would then actually be your friend and there should be no wind issues. That would leave both of your saddlebags available for cold beer for the gig!

You da man for attempting to solve this delimma. Again, keep us posted and good luck.

Thread hijack guitar talk: I actually went looking for a cedar topped 714 and stumbled across the new 814 with maple binding and got GAS. Since this is a motorcycle site, GAS = guitar acquisition syndrome. Been tickled shitless ever since. (theres that gas thing again) Now if I could just play the thing worth a darn.

This work?

Guitar carrying

Oh, the other way! Like this case on a Multistrada?

Clicky

When we were kids we'd just bungie the guitar to the sissy bar. Since nobody has sissy bars any more, you could mount an old case the way that I mounted my briefcase. Just make sure to give it a solid "spine" to mount, so the case doesn't buckle at the edge of the rack:

Mounting a briefcase

Another way would be to mount a plate with ears on the guitar case to ride on the side of the bike, in place of one of your saddle bag.

Bob