GYTR Comfort Gel Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLBFJR

Reaction score
I'm enjoying the bike, but anything more than an hour has become painful. I reviewed more topics on the forum, that say the Russell Day Long is the way to go. Unfortunatly, I can not afford the cost of admission it at the moment. I have attempted to mitigate by butt pain by adding a sheepskin, but this dosen't seem to help.

While cruising Ebay the other day I saw a gel seat that appeared to be a potential soultion. I need to know if there are any members of the Forum who have any experience with this manufacture.

Maybe I should save my money until I can afford the Russell, bite the bullet, or hope for another group buy.

Thanks,

This is the link https://www.ebay.com/itm/330738228117?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Bite the bullet your butt will be happy.

I have one on my FJR - love it. On the downside it is harder to move around on the bike in the twisties but if I am moving along that quick it is likely I should reconsider what the ferk I am doing. I have learned how to move around on the seat though.

Some say the Russell is higher and mine is but they can make the height to suit you. I prefer my hips above my knees.

I could not sit in the stock seat more the 100 miles. Now I go 600+ and my butt is happy - other parts of me get tired but not the butt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm enjoying the bike, but anything more than an hour has become painful. I reviewed more topics on the forum, that say the Russell Day Long is the way to go. Unfortunatly, I can not afford the cost of admission it at the moment. I have attempted to mitigate by butt pain by adding a sheepskin, but this dosen't seem to help.

While cruising Ebay the other day I saw a gel seat that appeared to be a potential soultion. I need to know if there are any members of the Forum who have any experience with this manufacture.

Maybe I should save my money until I can afford the Russell, bite the bullet, or hope for another group buy.

Thanks,

This is the link https://www.ebay.com/itm/330738228117?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
I believe it's a seat Yamaha offers. Many forum members have tried it. Seems to me the consensus is: it is a little better than stock seat, but the gel gets quite hot when sitting in the sun.

I would put that $330.91 aside and save for a custom seat.

I also suggest a ride in appointment if possible to get it right the first time.

Trust me your patience will be rewarded.

Thanks,

I believe it's a seat Yamaha offers. Many forum members have tried it. Seems to me the consensus is: it is a little better than stock seat, but the gel gets quite hot when sitting in the sun.
I'll sell my gel seat,!

Last edited by a moderator:
A forum member here was nice enough to lend me one of his spare seats (Yamaha Gel) while my seat was off to Russell. It was a minor improvement over the stock IMHO, but no where near the comfort of the Russell.

Just ask yourself what it will end up costing you in band aides attempts until you get what you ultimately want?