Had the opportunity to test OES Frame Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh, I see now. Thanks, Zilla.
Yes, 'Zilla and I are on the same page.

I did understand what you meant by OEM. That is why I used the bold M and the bold S. I thought I was making it plain enough, I guess I was not.

I don't even know if OES builds anything for a Gen3 bike.

I know...

Code:
We do not currently offer frame sliders for the
2013 Yamaha FJR1300. We currently do not
have an expected date for production for the
2013 FJR1300 frame sliders. Unfortunately
the frame sliders designed for the previous
model will not install on the 2013 FJR1300.
We do not have specs and measurements on
the 2013 FJR1300 and cannot speculate on
what frame slider kit and/or bracket might
work with the 2013 FJR1300.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but you are Smart.

I izunt vary smart and I caint reed reel good enywaa.

Thanks for that Fred. For me there were only two choices regarding frame sliders since I did not want the Canyon Cages. You have one brand and I have the other. Both yours and mine look just about perfect. My opinion of course.

I'd bet $100 if someone gave OES their GenIII for a day, they'd probably get a free or greatly reduced set of GenIII frame sliders.

Someone has to live close to them.

I had T-Rex sliders on my '03, sold it to my brother-in-law, who crashed it on it's right side at perhaps 20-25 mph. The spool on the slider took a bashing and grinding but clearly saved some damage, though a hole was ground through the fairing lower. In my view, these do minimize external and outboard damage but mostly serve to protect the really expensive stuff: engine covers, cases, frame, etc. Interestingly, when brother-in-law was restoring the bike, his shop guy put the damaged (Delrin?) slider spool on a lathe and cleaned it up. My '05 came with Tip Over Guards (TOGs) which are wimpy and mainly for protection in a no-speed drop. I added T-Rex Sliders to go with the TOGs. I have had a no-speed drop and the set-up meant paint scratches only. Always a good investment.

Last edited by a moderator: