Hand Guards for 2022

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came with Barkbuster Storm hand guards. They were only connected at the bar end and would vibrate a little. I made a connecting bar from the hand guard to the pivot pin to the brake and clutch, now rock solid. Not the easiest I suppose but it is another option.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Late model VStrom handguards are the ticket. Buy the kit and everything is included. Only modification needed is slightly enlarge bar end of guard to slip over OE weight mount point. Easy install and work well.

Good luck!

~G

Desert Valley Powersports, in Prosser WA, used to sell the V-Strom hand guards in a kit with all the necessary hardware. They may well have been the origin of their usage on FJRs. I'm sure their very capable parts crew can help you out.
https://www.desertvalleypowersports.com/

Unfortunately, they haven't carried the kit for years. As fart smeller above said, get the modern Suzuki kit from PartZilla and it will have everything.

Mine came with Barkbuster Storm hand guards. They were only connected at the bar end and would vibrate a little. I made a connecting bar from the hand guard to the pivot pin to the brake and clutch, now rock solid. Not the easiest I suppose but it is another option.
Nice idea. Just purchased same but not fitted. I have the AS autoclutch so also going to add custom additional mount point to the bars. I'll be doing it on my 3D printer though in Nylon-Carbon Fibre, just because I'm used to it.

Nice idea. Just purchased same but not fitted. I have the AS autoclutch so also going to add custom additional mount point to the bars. I'll be doing it on my 3D printer though in Nylon-Carbon Fibre, just because I'm used to it.
Neater than my bit of metal I had lying around, a 3D printer is on the long list of things I’d quite like to get and have a play with. 👍🏽

Unfortunately, they haven't carried the kit for years. As fart smeller above said, get the modern Suzuki kit from PartZilla and it will have everything.
Sorry, but I am struggling to figure out exactly which vstrom handguards and kit to order but want to get these on to my fjr asap with Fall already here. Partszilla shows 4 product variations (see pic). I cannot find a part number in any of the threads I have read from folks that have done this upgrade. Thanks in advance for any input.

Attachments

• 17252354697798927622834309249916.jpg
    17252354697798927622834309249916.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I can’t remember the manufacturer, it’s one of the 200+ models do state the ‘for electronic suspension model’. Not sure why that would be but thought I’d mention it, sorry I can’t remember the manufacturer.