Hand Guards for 2022

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link. I entered my 2022 and it turns out I don't get a fit. Did you modify the hand guards at all? OR does it just fit right on without modifications?

Those handguards are for a Suzuki so you are not going to get an official 'fit' for an FJR. I've installed a half dozen pair on FJRs. As mentioned above, a slight modification to the bar-end portion of the handguard will be required. It needs to be enlarged to fit the FJR's bar end. Also, some washers for the throttle side will be needed.

Do you own a Dremel or similar?

I assume so as well but looking for verification. I am having them shipped to me in SC for a cross country trip. I am flying to SC to pick up the bike....
Yes, they come as a set with hardware included for both sides. As we've posted, these fit well but you do need to slightly enlarge hard guard to fit OE bar weight, add a thin washer on throttle side and while not necessary, I added a short spacer on RH pivot.

~G

Got my Suzuki handguards from Partzilla. (There are two in the box.) Mounted them this afternoon/evening. The pieces in the kit I used are the new posts, nuts, washers, and spacers needed to attach the clutch and brake handles and the guards at those points. Had to buy a couple of 6mm-1.00 x 40mm (could have probably used 35mm length) button head socket screws at the local hardware store so they would be long enough to remount the bar weights. Used a number of different sized washers from my toolbox to replicate the spacing and pinch-type attachment method described by NormKern at post #56 in this thread: https://www.fjrowners.com/threads/hand-guards.28986/page-3.

Am interested to see how much protection these are going to provide. They don't seem to sit as high across my knuckles as I'd hoped they would, but truth will be once I get it out for a ride in cold weather.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions you folks posted above.

Mark