Handel Bar Adjustment 911!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar.45

Reaction score
Well I did it now. Went to re-adjust my bar location and broke off the left stud.

DSCN0628.jpg

DSCN0629.jpg

DSCN0630.jpg

DSCN0631.jpg

need replacement part ASAP! help please

Jerry

I thought you were supposed to undo both sides at the same time before attempting to move the bolt to a new position, otherwise it won't budge. Dunno, just what I heard.

I thought you were supposed to undo both sides at the same time before attempting to move the bolt to a new position, otherwise it won't budge. Dunno, just what I heard.

I did remove both sides...this happened when I was putting it back together.

Looks like I will be with out a ride for a week or so :angry:

Defective torque wrench? Or part?
I'm going to say the part. I re-checked the right side and it was fine. I also checked the wrench at 47 ft/lbs on my Truck bumper bolts (which are much tighter) and the wrench broke just fine. I will take the wrench to work and have the calibration checked.

157139875_VUtg8-O.jpg

The "Adjuster" - bane of riser installations everywhere !!

Part Number 3P6-26169-00-00 ADJUSTER

Call Gary McCoy at Mondak Motorsports.

157139875_VUtg8-O.jpg

yep that's the mother! Thanks for the contact, I will call tomorrow!

My other option is a Heli riser...

Last edited by a moderator:
157139875_VUtg8-O.jpg

+1 -his overnight shipping is cheap. Call him early enough in the day and he can usually get it out by 3pm (if he has it in stock.) He might have to order this tho...

After talking with the metallurgist here at work and looking at the stud under a microscope we feel that is weld failure.

Our welder agrees that it could be re-welded but it will not be as safe or as strong as it should be.

I am going to pick up a grade 8 bolt today and install it in the studs place. I have a Heli triple clamp on order and it will be here next week. I was planning on ordering the Heli later this fall but oh-well.

Last edited by a moderator: