Handle Bar Adjustment

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YAM TOM

Reaction score
Just got my new fjr home looking through the oweners manual i see the handle bars are adjustable, but it says take it to thr dealer? Anyone done this themselfs? doesnt seem like it should be that big of a deal? any feedback would be appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Remove the covers from the bars using small allen wrench

2) Remove the bolt and nut from both sides.

3) Adjust

4) Tighten bolt and nut to specs, which can be found hereabouts, say in the bin of facts.

5) Replace covers

6) Send v65 $1000000000000000

:)

Thanks, sounds easy enough. Cant believe they say take it to the dealer. Check is in the mail

In case I was too subtle earlier make sure you loosen both bars at the same time, one at a time will not work.

Thanks again v-65. Sure as hell i would have done one at a time. Then wondering why it wouldnt work saved me some bullshit. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Got handle bars adjusted, no big deal thanks to some help from the people on this forum. Didnt seem like i was moving them vary far but when i was done i sat on the bike and could really feel the difference. Have tommorrow off so im going to play with suspension adjustments. Have to get this baby dialed in

Just did the handlebar adjustment.Thanks to forum posts, it couldn't have been easier.Had the wife hold right handlebar so I didn't lose brake pressure from laying the bar down.When I removed the bars,dealer had them adjusted all the way forward.I've been getting pain between my shoulder blades and am anxious to see if this helps.I currently have 1700 mi on the bike w/ the bars all the way forward.It's too hot to ride right now,I'll take it out 2nite.Also adjusted the suspension.Can't wait for it to cool down some.

Help, I removed one of the handlebars, so how do you remove the nut and bolt to move it to another position? I'm a computer person, shouldn't be touching a wrench, I need exact instructions to change a light bulb!!!

In case I was too subtle earlier make sure you loosen both bars at the same time, one at a time will not work.
Could you explain that. The handle bars are independent from each other.

Thanks, Bill

Oh, so is there one piece that is common to both sides?

I un-bolted one of mine once, but I do not think I changed its position. I just took a look see.