Handy Lift Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had an air lift for over 20 years -- not Handy (but, American made -- I don't think there was a Capitalist/Communist China back then?). Mine cost be about $1K back then and, I guess?, if I'd pro-rate it over the time I've used it -- it'd certainly be a bargain. Tho -- if you, like me, are at a state of relative redundancy -- the pro-rate thing may not apply? :unsure:

Back to the issue: The FJR is not an 'ordinary' bike -- big (by m/c standards) and getting bigger. If you're planning on getting the standard lift, I'd recco getting the longer one for $100 more. My lift was rated at 1000# and I ended-up extending the length. Also, and not mentioned yet, is the #10742 Electric lift -- much quieter in use, doesn't need the banging support legs, and the compressor won't by cycling -- just a nicer environment, imo.

There's a limit to what I'll put on my lift and the FJR is about it. I've had 6-cyl Wings on it but don't like it. I once had a Valkyrie on it for a tire change -- but, took it down and did the work on the floor. So it's hard not to say, "Go Big or Go Home" -- Man Law: "It's better to have it and not need it; than to need it and not have it." I've got the ATV wings for my lift -- but, ATVs are getting bigger and heavier, too. I don't think I'd try to lift a Rhino or A-C 650 side-by-side?

One of the draw-backs to size is it becomes more difficult to work around your bike -- a narrower lift is better in this regard.

Good luck, the Handy's are a good deal (really good w/the G.B.). :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
re: PMs to me about participation...

Did someone forget to toss some chlorine in the gene pool?

Are people that fucking thick?

Even after the notices earlier in the thread, I got ANOTHER PM asking to participate.

GEEZE PEOPLE! Take the time to comprehend what you read.

****!

All future PMs about this group buy will be deleted without response.

Bounce, I think this:

MUST contact me via email or PM by this date.
might be part of the comprehension problem. Why not edit the first posting to read "MUST email George by this date" rather than "me". It sounds like most people are reading through the George Mandry and assuming the ".....me via email or PM...." means Bounce rather than understanding that you have cut and pasted his posting from elsewhere (prolly a HOG thread).

Just an idea.....

Bounce, I think this:
MUST contact me via email or PM by this date.
might be part of the comprehension problem. Why not edit the first posting to read "MUST email George by this date" rather than "me". It sounds like most people are reading through the George Mandry and assuming the ".....me via email or PM...." means Bounce rather than understanding that you have cut and pasted his posting from elsewhere (prolly a HOG thread).

Just an idea.....
Thank You

because the original clearly shows that everything in the GB description is a direct quote from the author (George). why should i edit something clearly made as a quote.

are people really that retarded?

Evidently! :dribble:

One must always remember the FJR Forum Mantra: Lowest Common Denominator! :D