Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:huh: Good one Radman. You had us going. I thought, those poor Indians and Radman not even celebrating Thanksgiving..........and no Turkey. And Waldmana in Qatar, if your military our thoughts and prayers go out to ya. Were with you brother. Keep up the good work and Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm doin a spiral ham on the grill to go with all the turkey and other fixens at my moms tomarrow. Keep the shinney side up and mega kiddos. Painman. :bye:

HAPPY THANSGIVING ALL. I am in Qatar so I am anxiously awaiting the unvailing of what the chow hall will serve for Thanksgiving. Enjoy your day and time with your families, for there are many of us who will not be able to. Take care and ride safe.
Andy
Al Udeid? I miss "the wheel." Salem for us now. Keep your head down.

Happy Thanksgiving my Feejer Brethren. Have a wonderful day wherever you are.

Heidi

Hey, Y'all !!

My family would like to wish your family a Happy Thanksgiving!

Take a moment - and remember why we celebrate this holiday.

IMHO, we live in the best country in the world - most of us because sometime in the past an ancestor had the good sense to immigrate and become an American. To those of us that are new to this country - Welcome ! Damn good decision !

Be Safe - Be Careful -

Cherish and Enjoy your Family.

God Bless

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Radman, I carry some angst! Sometimes the Cherokee part of me would like to slit the throat of the Geman/Irish side. Really quite interesting to hear the debate in my head....but I digress.

I'm thankful for the vastness of this country and the deep well of natural resources we have to draw from. I'm thankful for the resourcefulness of my forefathers and the willingness they had to leave their roots and travel forth and immigrate. I'm thankful my forefathers who were already here as indigenous people didn't slaughter my immigrant ancestors. I'm thankful for the framework of the government we have wheich does allow us more personal freedom than in other countries. I'm thankful for the freedom to worship God or not. I'm thankful for my decision to buy my FJR and the people I have met since owning it.

I hope and pray that wherever you are, you can find a reason to be grateful for one more day to enjoy the gift of life we have been given and the senses to partake of all that nature has for us. I hope and pray that you can find someone else to share the moment with. I pray for peace and that our service men and women can all come home safely. God bless us all, every one!

First Happy Thanksgiving all. Wish everyone the very best.

Now something that I read the other day with regard to eating/calories/exercise. The following quote keyed my memory:

I'm cooking a 25 lb. turkey and an 18 lb. ham tomorrow, probably going to have to leave the FJR parked and jog around after all that food!
At any rate the good news was that riding a motorcycle consumed 160 Calories per hour. The source didn't specify what kind of motorcycle that was or the weight of the rider. No one should feel guilty after consuming the food today. Work it off by going for a ride on your FJR & enjoy the day in all ways. Happy Thanksgiving

Many before me have spoken it more graciously, but great thanks to those overseas in our military on this Thanksgiving Day. Regardless of what you might think of our political leaders and THEIR foreign policy decisions, our military folks have never let us down. Former military here, and I know what sacrifices they are making for us. Back to a domestic note... I'll be riding across town (Eugene, Oregon) on the '05 Blue Bomber for much festivities and glutony at the brothers house. Sorry for you guys/gals that due to weather can't ride today! :bleh: You folks have a great turkey day! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
"The year that is drawing toward its close has been filled with the blessings of fruitful fields and healthful skies. To these bounties, which are so constantly enjoyed that we are prone to forget the source from which they come, others have been added which are of so extraordinary a nature that they can not fail to penetrate and soften even the heart which is habitually insensible to the ever-watchful providence of Almighty God.

It has seemed to me fit and proper that they should be solemnly, reverently, and gratefully acknowledged, as with one heart and one voice, by the whole American people. I do therefore invite my fellow-citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next as a day of thanksgiving and praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the heavens. And I recommend to them that while offering up the ascriptions justly due to Him for such singular deliverances and blessings they do also, with humble penitence for our national perverseness and disobedience, commend to His tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners, or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife in which we are unavoidably engaged, and fervently implore the imposition of the Almighty hand to heal the wounds of the nation and to restore it, as soon as may be consistent with the divine purpose, to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquillity, and union." Extract from the Thanksgiving Proclamation (1st and 4th paragraphs):

Done at the city of Washington, this 3d day of October, A.D. 1863, and of the Independence of the United States the eighty-eighth. Abraham Lincoln.

To all our American mates, we wish you all a safe and blessing-filled time of Thanksgiving, a time to appreciate your family, your friends, and your freedom. We also share with you as we give thanks.

David (Australia)

Rad, I just have to know. Did you ride your bike to your inlaws, and if so, did you have to drag both feet all the way?

TestPilot, Thanks for that post. Pretty much says it all.

HAPPY THANSGIVING ALL.  I am in Qatar so I am anxiously awaiting the unvailing of what the chow hall will serve for Thanksgiving.  Enjoy your day and time with your families, for there are many of us who will not be able to.  Take care and ride safe.
Andy
Al Udeid? I miss "the wheel." Salem for us now. Keep your head down.
No, Camp As Sayliyah! It has been a good time over here so far, but thank God I am out of here in mid December. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. :clap:

Rad, I just have to know. Did you ride your bike to your inlaws, and if so, did you have to drag both feet all the way?
TestPilot, Thanks for that post. Pretty much says it all.
I did ride, and it wasn't a white knuckler either. Dry but cold and windy, 15-18 degrees. Frank is going to sleep now, disassembled for some new fun stuff!

"The year that is drawing toward its close has been filled with the blessings of fruitful fields and healthful skies. To these bounties, which are so constantly enjoyed that we are prone to forget the source from which they come, others have been added which are of so extraordinary a nature that they can not fail to penetrate and soften even the heart which is habitually insensible to the ever-watchful providence of Almighty God.
It has seemed to me fit and proper that they should be solemnly, reverently, and gratefully acknowledged, as with one heart and one voice, by the whole American people. I do therefore invite my fellow-citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next as a day of thanksgiving and praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the heavens. And I recommend to them that while offering up the ascriptions justly due to Him for such singular deliverances and blessings they do also, with humble penitence for our national perverseness and disobedience, commend to His tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners, or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife in which we are unavoidably engaged, and fervently implore the imposition of the Almighty hand to heal the wounds of the nation and to restore it, as soon as may be consistent with the divine purpose, to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquillity, and union." Extract from the Thanksgiving Proclamation (1st and 4th paragraphs):

Done at the city of Washington, this 3d day of October, A.D. 1863, and of the Independence of the United States the eighty-eighth. Abraham Lincoln.

To all our American mates, we wish you all a safe and blessing-filled time of Thanksgiving, a time to appreciate your family, your friends, and your freedom. We also share with you as we give thanks.

David (Australia)
TestPilot -

You ROCK!