Happy Thanksgiving to you all...But I also have a question?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taff

Reaction score
Thanks to Gary for the mirror mounts, they are so good - :)

The Hella lights come with a 55 W Bulb, but I would like to upgrade to a higher wattage bulb.

I tried searching the forum and internet, but dumb A** me could not find anything about replacement bulbs.

I think they are H7 but would any of you kind peeps have a part number for a replacement bulb that is higher than 55W.

Don't want to "cook" the housing - :)

Ride safe,

The Hella lights come with a 55 W Bulb, but I would like to upgrade to a higher wattage bulb.

I tried searching the forum and internet, but dumb A** me could not find anything about replacement bulbs.

I think they are H7 but would any of you kind peeps have a part number for a replacement bulb that is higher than 55W.

Ride safe,

Try this website for a little bulb education and they list a 65 watt H7 bulb.

Daniel Stern Lighting

Ride safe,

Try this website for a little bulb education and they list a 65 watt H7 bulb.

Daniel Stern Lighting
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

I will take a look at the web site - :)

Ride safe,

Keep in mind that you only have a finite amount of juice in the FJR to run those things. Not sure what that amounts to for a GenII, but it can't be much more than about 200 watts over stock configuration, for lights, heated gear, etc...

Just installed the Hellas I got from MM2 and the initial run showed 12.7 volts with the lights, grips and jacket. Looks like its time for a volt meter for power management.

Just installed the Hellas I got from MM2 and the initial run showed 12.7 volts with the lights, grips and jacket. Looks like its time for a volt meter for power management.

Hi Ray,

Hope your Turkey Day was a good'n & this time of the day finds you moaning about why you "ate the whole thing" just as I am a present!

As for the Hella FF50 question, another good source for Hella lamps, parts, & info is Susquehanna Motorsports, that would be www.rallylights.com, having dealt w/ them I can recommend. As it happens, I just asked them that very same question. Althought the person I spoke w/ wasn't at liberty to 'recommend' [liability/warrantee issues] he indicated that one of the employees at their shop does run the Osram 65w bulb that they offer in his FF50s even with the acrylic stone shields, ...thus far w/o issue. All I can say is take that for what it's worth... I bought a set of the 65 watters and will likely give them a whirl at some point. At that point I'll try to remember to pass along my findings for others info, if you beat me to the trial stage run do the same, OK.

...Sorry Taff, by the time I finished typing my fergitter was working better'n my rememberer, and I thought it was Ray that started the thread. Hope your Thanksgiving was a gastronomical extravaganza as well, and that the info is of some help!