Harbor Freight Tire Iron

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian

Reaction score
Found a 24" tire iron at HF yesterday-$3.50. Don't know how strong it is but for <$4 WTH. I'll use it as a third iron along with my two MotionPro 16" irons. No flames about HF please, their stuff works fine for me. I especially like the bike lift! Ian, Iowa

No problems with HF stuff here either, but do yourself a favor and get a NoMar mount/demount bar. Makes tire changes a 1 minute job. Now if I could only get the wheels on/off that fast...

No problems with HF stuff here either, but do yourself a favor and get a NoMar mount/demount bar. Makes tire changes a 1 minute job. Now if I could only get the wheels on/off that fast...
Do you have a tire machine you use with the NoMar,or just the bar? I've mounted more car tires than I care to remember,always with a machine of course,and I'm thinking about trying to mount my FJR tires myself. I don't go through tires nearly as fast as some forum members,so the investment in a tire machine would take quite a while to pay off. I don't really have room in my garage anyway. I assume you have some type of bead breaker also??

Mike

I've got the HF changer with the motorcycle wheel attachment. Got both for about $50 on sale. Drilled 4 holes in the concrete garage floor and put some cement anchors in them and bolt 'er down. Use some duct tape strips on the clamp edges and I haven't scratched a wheel since I got the NoMar bar. It takes a few tries to get it down, but I can take the old tire off and have the new one on in no time. Removing, balancing and replacing the wheel is another story...