Harley Davucati??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just a poser. I have a Ducati T-Shirt, but don't own a Ducati. Same for Moto-Guzzi.

Been looking at a Moto Guzzi Griso..... not because it does anything better than anything else.... but because I think it's cool. :rolleyes:

The Honda VTX and the Honda GL1800 riders forum both have "Honda .vs. Harley" sections..... so I suppose that Harley bashing is alive and well.

I still use the term "Jap bike" but some of my friends take offense to the term.... like it's not politically correct or something.

I dunno, I like them all.

All together I've owned 39 bikes (not counting dirt bikes & ATVs) and yes, even one Moto Guzzi and a '72 R70/5.

Never did understand why one fella dings another for what he's riding. Really - I think that it's mostly just good-natured ribbing. Like just the other day I rode one of my Harleys to a gas station. There on the floor was parked a Moto-Guzzi. I said (rather loudly) "I smell pasta". A voice behind one of the racks yelled back "dude, we got a sale on 50 weight oil today". Funny as hell, I tell you.

Here are some of mine

https://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/showgal...pe=&ppuser=

Random thoughts by Kevin

Your mileage may vary. :p

Interesting story.

It's funny, though, that virtually no Italian newspaper ran the interview with Ducati's CFO.

While no longer strapped for cash, Ducati ostensibly still cannot see the light at the end of their "niche".

A "Ducarley" situation, in which the Italian company is gobbled up by HD and becomes its sportsbike division, begins to make a lot of financial sense.

I also liked the reference to the 1960s joint venture between Harley Davidson and Aermacchi. Damn, was that already 40-odd years ago? :blink:

IMHO, the best thing that came out of that marriage was the 1972 Aermacchi-HD GT350N Sprint. A very handsome little bike :clapping:

Stef

Aermacchi-HarleyDavidsonGT350N_Sprint_1972WP.jpg

I've never understood Harley Davidson or the mystique or the price.

In all sincerity, can someone explain to me in real world and econmic terms what reasonably explains all of this?

Simple... Status, image, and peer pressure. Yes, apparently we're still in high school.
And lets not forget the Ford F350 with the colour matched trailor to put our 30k machine in! Heaven forbid we get it dirty!