Has anyone bought this top box?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry5k

Reaction score
I saw this on eBay and thought of purchasing it. Does anyone have any experience with it? The price is definitely right!

Top Box

Clicky2

At this price, I wonder about the quality?

Last edited by a moderator:
Linkies work for me...

Do a search here on the forum for "Shad". I get 5 pages of topics. You should find some feedback in there to help you decide.

:)

Personally, I am NOT an eBay shopping fan.

SHAD topcases are used by several forum members, a quick search will show some other experiences. I like mine just fine. Three years of ownership, 33k on the bike (not that many on the case, if I ride alone the topcase doesn't go). Several long trips including Nova Scotia, Kansas City, NAFO, and some weather a motorcycle has no right to be in. No problems.

From our friends at Google:

shad topcase site:fjrforum.com

You'll also want to be careful how you mount it. SOme have had problems with mounting theirs on the OEM luggage rack. It is made of nylon/plastic and may not do well with a heavily loaded top case.

I have the SH45, and I'm unable to use their mounting plate directly on the stock rack. Garauld's gonna help me at, but at what cost?!? (Actually, it should be a little less than $200 I think.)

It's a great-looking box, and goes very nicely with the lines of the bike. I'm (sure I'll be) very happy with it.

I have the SH45, and I'm unable to use their mounting plate directly on the stock rack.
Are you talking about the one that is specifically designed for the FJR like the one shown in the ad?

I suspect he's refering to the plastic base - the base the vendor is selling is supposedly specific to the Gen-II bikes . . .

The price is certainly below the threshold of pain - I usually simply strap a sport bag on the back seat to supplement the side cases, but for this money I could travel with the Smuggler AND a top case.