Has anyone done any experimenting with aftermarket air filters?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NMRoadRunner posted: <snip> ..... the intake is as clean as a "Safeway Chittlin" ......
Hahahahahaha! I haven't heard that before, and it's funny.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Pterodactyl" data-cid="1259858" data-time="1442595641"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="NMRoadRunner" data-cid="1259811" data-time="1442580160"><p>The only problem with K&N's is they over clean and oil it. Been running one for 8 years on the FJR and the intake is as clean as a "Safeway Chittlin" and compression is better than when I first checked it in 08. I have found zero downside to the K&N set up, and still have an almost full bottle of cleaner and full can of oil on the shelf.</p></blockquote>

<br />

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="FJR Flyer" data-cid="1259854" data-time="1442594778"><p>Been running a Uni foam filter for quite a while. No residue in the box. No issues I can point to.</p></blockquote>

<br />

I think it is the stuff you cannot see that is the issue. Ah well, to each their own. Who knows, my OEM filter may be riddled with carcinogens.</p></blockquote>

Well, at 100k + miles, she's just getting broken in. Maybe it takes a while for the bad effects to manifest.

Last edited by a moderator: