Has anyone mounted Cardo G-series on a Shoei Neotec

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinH

Reaction score
I just got my Neotec and went to put my G4 on it. Can't slide the backing plate between the hard ear section and the shell. Has any one done this or did you have to use the self stick mounting plate?

Thanks

Well, I certainly didn't go to all that trouble! I have the G4 set but I"m sure the clamp is the same, and I'm sure it can't be any different than the Multi Tech. They do glue the liner to the shell, but all I did was take a butter knife and insert in between the shell and liner to break it free just as wide as the clamp would need. Its not glued that strongly and the butterknife easily separated the two so I could slide the clamp in. Badda Bing, Badda Boom! I didn't route my speaker wire up over the top either, and if I needed to extend the speakers out a little from where they say in the ear cutouts I just used the spacers behind the speakers.....didn't bother to take the cover off the ear pieces and all that.............I'm a simpleton where I can be. Been working great

Thanks, looks like just the Kawi guy and rmcobb have about the same idea when in comes to the base. I've got the G4 but I'm pretty sure the bases are the same or very close.

Thanks Again.

My Neotec mount for the G9 looks much like that shown above on the Kawasaki site, except for 2 things: 1) I did not take the speaker wire up and over the crown of the helmet. This is actually preferred for better radio reception. Instead, I routed the wire around the back of the helmet and I don't know what effect it has on reception, although I am able to pick up stations. In hindsight, I would probably take the extra time to route the wire the "up and over" way. 2) I velcroed the speakers as shown, but I did not replace the fabric liner that came with the helmet, fearing that the extra layers would crowd my ears. (My ears seem to prefer no contact with the helmet, especially on long trips.)

During installation, I left the mounting brack loose until I had everything in place and I had tested the reach of the mike, the sunshade operation, etc. Like you, I strongly preferred to avoid the stick-on option. Good luck!

Much like Leghorn, so did I the installation of my G9 mount, I too didn't bother routing the wire through the crown of the helmet, because I didn't want to mess up my liner. I don't need a FM radio reception, yet have tried it, just to see if my G9 gets me all it promises.

What I found very helpful was, that during the installation I didn't tight up the clamp, so I could give it the movement I needed.

I also would advise to not to use the double sided velcro, the mount is too heavy and chances that it will come off.

Good luck with the installation

V

RPK

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the Scala Rider Q2 Pro. On my previous helmet there was a gap between the shell and the ear cushion, on my current helmet there is not. The removable cheek cushion hooks in at the bottom of this helmet. I just pinched it down on the cushion and it's holding fine.

The other liners (skull and each cheek) are removable and washable, so I had no issues with stuffing the wires in for the speakers.

This is working fine, but I'm probably going to go ahead and cut a gap for the mount. I just didn't want to cut on a brand new helmet when I bought this one!

IMAG0348.jpg

IMAG0350.jpg

Butter knife worked like a charm. I even used the back of it to push the wires in between the hard ear piece and the hard back piece.

Thanks for the help.

Just installed my G9 on my Neotec, using the pics on the Kawi site from post #2. Piece of cake. Nice functioning piece of electronics too. Will test it later, but all functions seem to work well with my iPhone 5 at the workbench.....:cool: