Has Anyone Tried these Bad Boys?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neat looking boots. It's hard to believe they are worth twice as much as the TCX X-Five plus. On the other hand, if it floats your boat...

I'm in the market for boots. This is crazy money, but one review I read called them a "game changer". I dropped big dollars years ago for alpinstars motocross boots, and never regretted it. Could these be worth it?
Funny, I was asking myself the SAME question this week.

The Heine-Gerick boots I picked up on clearance several years ago have finally split, leaking, crying for retirement. I'm sticking with TCX Air-Techs for most of the year, but I need something new for cold months (which there have been PLENTY of this year!).

I've never regretted the big bucks I dropped on AlpineStar MX boots over the years. Loved every pair I ever bought. And yes Dave!!! I cleaned them after every ride too!

:)

But when I jumped on the web searching for AlpineStar touring boots, my anal orifice puckered.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear the Web in Winter and the S-MX in Summer. They are like slippers and great boots both of them. I like the Supertech but out of my price range for sure.

Let us know how they are.

I have always been thrilled with Alpinestars products.

I just bought these...comfy,waterproof...and they aint FUGLY

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon-patrol-waterproof-boot
Well, they're KINDA fugly...But they ARE motorcycle boots after all.

I ended up getting these:

https://www.atomic-moto.com/servlet/the-162/Gaerne-Balance-Oiled-Dual/Detail

And LOVE 'em. Still on the pricey side, but great support, waterproof, COMFORTABLE, THICK oil finished leather, and a great high-traction sole; use 'em for dual-sport riding (see signature line), and they actually look really good with a pair of jeans! There is, however, another boot that I've recently seen from Gaerne that, had it been around when I got mine, I'd have SERIOUSLY considered! Those would be these:

https://www.atomic-moto.com/servlet/the-474/Gaerne-G-dsh-Adventure-Boots/Detail

Now, if you haven't figured it out yet, I tend to lean toward DS stuff as i ride...yup...a DS. My brother (HRZ, the FJR guy who got me in this brouhaha of a forum) loves my boots too though. One last thing...Brian over at Atomicmoto.com provides some of THE VERY BEST customer service I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I don't work for him, know him personaly, or get any benefits from posting it, I'm just a guy he's helped out with gear and questions more than once and I purchase from him if he has it! There...I think that's it...my 2 cents. Good luck with your boots and let us know what you get!

Fwiw, cyclegear has an awesome return policy, any problem at all other than obvious abuse and it's no questions asked replacement or refund. Just thought that might be useful when considering high end gear:)

Alpinestar gear is definitely worth the money imo.

I'm in the market for boots. This is crazy money, but one review I read called them a "game changer". I dropped big dollars years ago for alpinstars motocross boots, and never regretted it. Could these be worth it?

https://www.alpinestars.com/Supertech_Touring_GoreTex_Boot/pd/c/113/np/113/p/233000.html
I saw these at a bike show over a year ago, I believe they were a new model and were being showcased by a distributor. I was superbly impressed with these boots, wanted a pair, but I just couldn't do the money. You need to see these in person to see how nice they are...... nice technology, nice leather, nice boots!!

I just noticed, $349 at Revzilla........ hmmmmmmmm.......

And LOVE 'em. Still on the pricey side, but great support, waterproof, COMFORTABLE, THICK oil finished leather, and a great high-traction sole; use 'em for dual-sport riding (see signature line), and they actually look really good with a pair of jeans! There is, however, another boot that I've recently seen from Gaerne that, had it been around when I got mine, I'd have SERIOUSLY considered! Those would be these:

Now, if you haven't figured it out yet, I tend to lean toward DS stuff as i ride...yup...a DS. My brother (HRZ, the FJR guy who got me in this brouhaha of a forum) loves my boots too though. One last thing...Brian over at Atomicmoto.com provides some of THE VERY BEST customer service I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I don't work for him, know him personaly, or get any benefits from posting it, I'm just a guy he's helped out with gear and questions more than once and I purchase from him if he has it! There...I think that's it...my 2 cents. Good luck with your boots and let us know what you get!
Do these boots breath or do you get swamp foot if you wear them in the summer?

Do these boots breath or do you get swamp foot if you wear them in the summer?
Ok, the ones I have (Balance Oiled) have been great in the summer. No issues with overly hot/sweaty "swamp" feet. The other ones there I'm not sure about, as I haven't worn them. I think I'd be hard pressed to find a pair of boots that I like more than the one's I have now. I've had them for almost a year now and have worn them in really hot weather, wet weather, cold weather, inbetween weather, dirt, mud, street, bar, restaurant, bedroom (some nights are weirder than others), etc. Great boots and I'd buy another pair in a heartbeat.

I'll be able to report back on the Gaerne G-Adventure Boots. I pulled the trigger on a pair of them. The wife let me get them as an early birthday present.

I'll be able to report back on the Gaerne G-Adventure Boots. I pulled the trigger on a pair of them. The wife let me get them as an early birthday present.
Nice! If they're ANYTHING like the Blance oiled, you're gonna like 'em. Make sure you post up and fill us in on fit/finish. I love the oiled finish on the Balance, but for 100 bucks less, the G-Adventure may be my next boot...hopefully not for a long time, but you know.

here we go again...

After about $200.00 boots are just a status symbol. Research 'em like you would a major purchase through alternate sources.

here we go again...

After about $200.00 boots are just a status symbol. Research 'em like you would a major purchase through alternate sources.
I am just trying to find something that will work/protect me on my FJR and my DR. It will be hard for people to see them or tell what they are since they will be covered up by my riding pants.

here we go again...

Mine are a status symbol...kinda like my head and wrist bands, lets people know I'm cool. I have actually never had a problem spending a little more on footwear, having put a helluva lot of miles on my walk-o-mobiles. My expensive Danners, for instance, left NO blisters after 22 miles with a 70 pound pack and 4,500 feet of ascent then decent (on a couple different occasions). My Rocky's gave me blisters after a few hours at work with no pack at all. The lack of quality was not worth the savings to me. I like my boots and when you see 'em, you can lick 'em too.