Has anyone tried these grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just put them on. They are ok. Lots around here really like them. I really liked the Tacky Grand Touring grips. They are really thick. But they don't make them anymore. I may put some grip puppies over these Pro Grips.

Skooterg,

I still have the Tacky Grand, they are amazing, but as you said, the manufacturer no longer produces them.

Which do you own now, the 737 or the 714?

Thanks,

Just put them on. They are ok. Lots around here really like them. I really liked the Tacky Grand Touring grips. They are really thick. But they don't make them anymore. I may put some grip puppies over these Pro Grips.

I just wonder if with the Pro Grip 842, if that small white/silver cap comes off, so I can put on my bar weights?

Skooterg,

I still have the Tacky Grand, they are amazing, but as you said, the manufacturer no longer produces them.

Which do you own now, the 737 or the 714?

Thanks,

I just put the 714s on my third FJR which I don't ride that much. I have a collection of other models of Pro Grips brand new in the packaging but have never tried them.

I run those on my honda TransAlp D/S and really like them, except in wet weather, the litle holes hold water and soak my gloves after a while. I also think they would be a little soft and spongy for the FJR, especially in the tight stuff. your hands would be squirming around too muach. I like hard grips better, I don't mind the vibration. Grip Puppies suck.

I also dont like Grip Puppies, I would love to find Tacky Grand Touring, but after looking for them for months, I dont think I will be able to find any.

I currently have Tacky Grand Touring, but they are getting old and it's time to get something new.

I run those on my honda TransAlp D/S and really like them, except in wet weather, the litle holes hold water and soak my gloves after a while. I also think they would be a little soft and spongy for the FJR, especially in the tight stuff. your hands would be squirming around too muach. I like hard grips better, I don't mind the vibration. Grip Puppies suck.