Has anyone tried these lowering links

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradman

When Life Throws You A Curve..... Lean Into It
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I used Soupy's links for raising the bike . Soupy was great to work with over the phone, the product is extremely stout and easy to install.

Once installed, raising or lowering is a breeze. They come to you pre measured and tightened to length (if that makes sense), so just install first and adjust both simultaneously when on the bike.

Get 'em :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Fastpappy, I used Kouba Links to lower mine. If you lower yours, you will need to either get creative with parking, or modify the kick stand, as the bike will stand up straighter. No issues with handling here either.

I neglected to say that I did modify the side stand. I ground down the little stop on the side of the stand which allowed the stand to go further forward which gives it additional lean. I havn't had a problem although I'm carefull where I park the bike. I try to always back up to the curb more because I want the benefit of the crown of the road to roll back into the spot then I can pull out under power rather than trying to back the beast up with my short legs. :(

Thanks guys, I'm going to give it a try. I am going to start looking for some.

Thank you :)

Don't wish to be a wet blanket with this one, but I haven't had a great deal of joy with the adjustable lowering links. When I wound the height down I found that the handling was quite different (as in BAD!) and subsequently wound it back up to normal height. I concede that I didn't go about this too systematically and will be trying again, but i am concerned that what you change at one end of the bike should be mirrored at the other end (front). I think that I (we) need to get professional advice before getting too carried away with these things as a quick fix solely for getting your feet on the ground. The soupysproduct is great; well made and true to it's claims - definitely can't fault it in any way, but suggest that you drill down a bit deeper via more knowledgable forum members - suspension is a science, not random hit and miss.

Brgds

Rob (Australia)

Don't wish to be a wet blanket with this one, but I haven't had a great deal of joy with the adjustable lowering links. When I wound the height down I found that the handling was quite different (as in BAD!) and subsequently wound it back up to normal height. I concede that I didn't go about this too systematically and will be trying again, but i am concerned that what you change at one end of the bike should be mirrored at the other end (front). I think that I (we) need to get professional advice before getting too carried away with these things as a quick fix solely for getting your feet on the ground. The soupys product is great; well made and true to it's claims - definitely can't fault it in any way, but suggest that you drill down a bit deeper via more knowledgeable forum members - suspension is a science, not random hit and miss.

Brgds

Rob (Australia)
+1, and went with Kouba lowering links. Stability improved with non-adjustable links... I guess I just couldn't dial in the adjustable links (different vendor) even enough. I put on the lowered 7/8" Kouba, brought the front fork tubes up 3/8" and shaved my seat and never looked back. The bike performs wonderfully... I guess to each his/her own. :p

I bought the lowering links and put my bike on the center stand today. How do I jack it up to move the stand back? The center stand is blocking left side of the bike's bolt.

Thanks for any help.

Brad

I bought the lowering links and put my bike on the center stand today. How do I jack it up to move the stand back? The center stand is blocking left side of the bike's bolt.

Thanks for any help.

Brad
Leave the bike on the sidestand and use a floor jack under the rear of the engine to hold the bike up while you work on the rear suspension. If you're careful, you can use the jack to raise or lower the bike to release tension that's normally there due to bike weight and rear spring.