Has grasshopper snatched the pebbles yet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS
Reaction score
Tonight after dinner, I strapped my new Avon Storms to the bike a took a 25 mile trip down the highway to have them mounted. (friends garage) it was 37 degrees and dark. 4 hours later, I came home with new skins and it is 25 degrees (I have no heated gear)

Question. If I will do that willingly and without hesitation, Am I a true biker, or am I just suffering from Farkleitis?

No, you are not a true biker. You are a true rider and enthusiast. You needed the hoops to ride, not bike and not farkle.

TWN hath spoketh. ;)

You're describing my commute every morning.

It's averaging between 25-30 degrees F when I ride to work at 5:30 every morning. But it's only a 20-minute ride, so I don't bother with electric gear either.

With a +3/+2 Cee Bailey's, VStrom hand guards, Yammy footguards.... it's no problemo.... :D

You're describing my commute every morning.
It's averaging between 25-30 degrees F when I ride to work at 5:30 every morning. But it's only a 20-minute ride, so I don't bother with electric gear either.

With a +3/+2 Cee Bailey's, VStrom hand guards, Yammy footguards.... it's no problemo.... :D
Do it without the +3/+2 Cee Bailey's, VStrom hand guards, and Yammy footguards AND have two tires strapped on your pillion :p

Do it without a window, no helmet, wearing a HD teeshirt and ape hangers. Now your a true biker my son....PM. <>< :lol:

It was 17 when I came in this morning. No heated stuff either, but I do have the V-Stream shield and V-Strom handguards. I wish I had the footguards. Toes take a little punishment in the non-insulated boots. But I was transfered in mid October to one of our other campuses. My hour long commute has been cut to 15-20 minutes. :D

It was 17 when I came in this morning. No heated stuff either, but I do have the V-Stream shield and V-Strom handguards. I wish I had the footguards. Toes take a little punishment in the non-insulated boots. But I was transfered in mid October to one of our other campuses. My hour long commute has been cut to 15-20 minutes. :D

please post pics. of the v-storm hand guards on the fjr and how they are mounted . what do they cost? thanks

I could be riding here except there is 3/4 mile of ice between me and pavement. It is real tempting to trailer it past the ice and go for a ride but somebody might see the FJR on a trailer and give me some shit for it.

I put my time in Cali. just south of you in Simi Valley and had a shop in Thousand Oaks but the population density ran me out. Enjoy the weather.

Don't forget to give us a report on those new Avons after you get some serious miles on them.

GP

Too bad you don't have an '05.

You could have cooked a pizza on the way and delivered it!