Have you seen that? (Moto A/C)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mihalis fjr

Reaction score
I don't know if it works good..?It is expensive..but it looks interesting..!

https://www.bikeairusa.com/home.html

d8e632095928fbe4291731e42150c65c_zps98cd376b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen a couple of similar tries at this idea. At 150W it doesn't move a lot of BTUs. At 11 - 14 amps it would scare the FJR's electrical system, but it's battery powered by a 6V battery. A steady draw of 150W/11A is a lot of battery drain. I'll let someone else who's review I trust spend the Euros and let me know how it work out for them.

I've seen a couple of similar tries at this idea. At 150W it doesn't move a lot of BTUs. At 11 - 14 amps it would scare the FJR's electrical system, but it's battery powered by a 6V battery. A steady draw of 150W/11A is a lot of battery drain. I'll let someone else who's review I trust spend the Euros and let me know how it work out for them.
Perhaps the unit uses a transformer from the bike's voltage to the 6V of the system and for this reason probably the electrical system of the bike to not have a trouble..?!Before they sell it in the market i believe they did tests..Voltage & performance..Probably it works good...I really don't know...

That's cool! - get it?

At first I thought it was a fart filter.
smile.png
''Fart filter''hahaha
laugh.png
haha.gif
Looks good Alan,
rolleyes.gif
smile.png
but it is very expensive..!
no.gif

Dang.... $1250 for a unit. I'll sweat for that price. Nice idea, just too expensive for my blood.
Very nice idea.Perhaps by the time the price will be lower.Like all the new inventions initially they are expensive..

Ok, let me try this again. The unit is indeed operated off of the motorcycle electrical system. The battery is for the remote control
blushing.gif
They say:

We recommend that you check your motorcycle electrical generator (alternator)
specifications and verify that it can provide 200 Watts excess power (beyond your
motorcycle's own power requirements) in order to access all A/C modes. We
recommend using a motorcycle with at least a 500 Watts alternator. If during
operation of the A/C the motorcycle battery indicator turns on immediately
switch off the A/C unit and do not operate until the battery problem is
solved.

The power consumption table shows this:

Continuous current in Cooling Mode 11 Amps 13.5V, Cool 2, Fan High
Continuous current in Heating Mode 14 Amps 13.5V, Heat 3, Fan Low
Cooling Power [W] 100 13.5V, Cool 2, Fan High
Heating Power [W] 215 13.5V, Heat 3, Fan Low

100 watts of cooling is moving 340 BTU at 100% efficiency.

Every manufacturer will show their product as being perfect or perhaps a bit better
wink.png
The way it actually works can be very different from the pretty pictures. The A/C has been talked about in Gizmag, TopSpeed and other places but they all directly quote Entrosys propaganda, nobody has actually tried one and can objectively say how it works.

Looking at the specs makes me a bit doubtful that the A/C part can deliver. The heat part puts out twice the heat of an Easy-Bake Oven but distributes that heat over >10 times the area. Bear in mind, when the A/C is on the wind is constantly blowing on the rider adding heat and when the heat is on the wind will be trying to remove heat so the unit has to work against that.

I covered this briefly here as well: CLICKY

I found out about this unit years ago when I started my cooling vests thread. However, at that time they weren't available yet. It appears as though now they are.

Gary

darksider #44

This is an interesting idea!

You don't need a lot of BTUs to make the difference when blowing the cool or warm air right up your.......jacket. ;)

As for price, well compared to a $12000 + bike, it's not so bad.

It will probably come down a bit with market penetration.

I have ridden in Arizona in July and if I lived there this product would be high on my list of "must have" :)

And for those that ride two-up, or those that actually carry shit so they'll have some stuff on hand when they arrive somewhere?

Or that don't ride in a studio in front of a green-screen?

I think something that just blows ambient air up under your jacket/pants/undergarments would be worthwhile, maybe even pleasant.

Paul Pelland a.k.a. Long Haul Paul is using the CoolShirt System obtained from Miller Therapeutic Cooling Products to help avoid an increase in his core temperature while riding. This is a critical concern for him because of his MS. As he says in his blog "Can A Cold Day In Hell Be Possible?":

. . . staying cool for me and others with MS is extremely important. My issues are mostly cognitive, and a hot headed biker who doesn’t know his own name, or has trouble remembering if he should put his feet down at a red-light or not, might be a quite dangerous.

Staying cool, and controlling my core temperature while riding means staying alive.

P2090317-768x1024.jpg

The cooler when filled with block ice is good for approximately six hours. YMMV.

Jeez, tough crowd. It comes with 30 day money back so if it doesn't work you can return it. If it performs as advertised it expands riding opportunity for places that are beastly hot in the summer. Sounds good to me.

Looking at the specs makes me a bit doubtful that the A/C part can deliver. The heat part puts out twice the heat of an Easy-Bake Oven but distributes that heat over >10 times the area. Bear in mind, when the A/C is on the wind is constantly blowing on the rider adding heat and when the heat is on the wind will be trying to remove heat so the unit has to work against that.

Ok, so I should get two easy bake ovens instead?
aikido.gif

Latest posts