Have you seen that? (Moto A/C)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at the specs makes me a bit doubtful that the A/C part can deliver. The heat part puts out twice the heat of an Easy-Bake Oven but distributes that heat over >10 times the area. Bear in mind, when the A/C is on the wind is constantly blowing on the rider adding heat and when the heat is on the wind will be trying to remove heat so the unit has to work against that.

Ok, so I should get two easy bake ovens instead?
aikido.gif
No dummy...You're gonna need 10. To cover the extra area and all that. Pay attention...Otherwise your muffins may not cook right!!

Paul Pelland a.k.a. Long Haul Paul is using the CoolShirt System obtained from Miller Therapeutic Cooling Products to help avoid an increase in his core temperature while riding. This is a critical concern for him because of his MS. As he says in his blog "Can A Cold Day In Hell Be Possible?":
. . . staying cool for me and others with MS is extremely important. My issues are mostly cognitive, and a hot headed biker who doesn’t know his own name, or has trouble remembering if he should put his feet down at a red-light or not, might be a quite dangerous.

Staying cool, and controlling my core temperature while riding means staying alive.

P2090317-768x1024.jpg

The cooler when filled with block ice is good for approximately six hours. YMMV.
This particular system is available from Coolshirt with either a 12 or 24 qt. cooler. However, they would weigh 8.3 lbs per gallon when full, which would be something like 25 and 50 pounds for the two different units available, not including actual weight of the cooler. The 12 would be just about right to swallow a 10 lb. bag of ice available at most gas stations... something the 9 quart Veskimo cooler can't do. CLICKY

Latest posts