Headlight Guards From Cee Bailey's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriggerT

Mr. Impatient
Reaction score
Anyone using the headlight guards from Cee Bailey's? If so, what are your thoughts? Happy? Worth the Money? Looks like they just stick on over the stock lens.

Have them, and have for 25,000 miles. They are sand blasted, scarred, and have numerous pockmarks, so obviously they are valuable and IMHO a must have. They attach with 3M Dual Lock, a form of industrial velcro. I will be replacing mine this winter. Hows that?

On the counterpoint I think they diminish lighting a bit and another bit of stuff to clean. I've got 45,000+ miles on my bike and the stock Lexan remains very clear and nick free in my case. Only sandblasted part of my bike is the chin spoiler area. I haven't heard of anybody breaking a lens assembly from a rock hit before on this board.

Cee Bailey's headlight guards cost about $35. Stock headlight lens for the FJR (it's one piece that covers both Left and Right) is about $300. One rock ding/crack/hole and your screwed. My CB gards have been on for 20k. The do not dimish lighting if kept clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the counter-counter point there was a cracked headlight at WFO IIRC, can't recall who's bike it was, but it brought up a discussion on this very subject. Rare, but possible. I do know the cleaning chores on the guards are minor, and removing them reveals just how beat up they are. Don't know what else to say.

Counter, counter, cou... screw it..

Get 'em. After 25 K on my '04, I've had to rub out the "glass". No chips or cracks, but certainly got coudy and required more maintenance than I like to perform.

Get 'em. You don't like 'em, see them here on fjrBay.

...there was a cracked headlight at WFO IIRC, can't recall who's bike it was, but it brought up a discussion on this very subject. Rare, but possible.
Good to know. I didn't hear about it while there.

Personal preference TriggerT. If you're thinking about getting them in the first place then they will probably work for you.

I am getting ready to order a 2+2 flip windshield from Cee Baileys, and they are offering a deal if you buy the guards at the same time. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't have ever given a thought.

I am getting ready to order a 2+2 flip windshield from Cee Baileys, and they are offering a deal if you buy the guards at the same time. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't have ever given a thought.
That's how I got them, and I hadn't thought much about them either. Now I'm glad I did.

got 'em. use 'em. like 'em.

had them on another bike in the past - probably not cee bailey at the time, but the same type of application.

Have them, and have for 25,000 miles. They are sand blasted, scarred, and have numerous pockmarks, so obviously they are valuable and IMHO a must have. They attach with 3M Dual Lock, a form of industrial velcro. I will be replacing mine this winter. Hows that?
+1, just my experience.

I have a set of Ice Blue with about 1000 miles and I took a rock on one and it has a three way crack in it. Better them than my head light!!!!!!! E-mail me if you want a pic of it. [email protected]

I have them. One is cracked (presumably a rock) and they definitely are scarred. The bike's glass looks brand new when I take off the covers to clean them. The positioning of the locking devices is important. I have noticed when I am riding next to a cliff that there is a shadow cast by one of the locking discs. The upper outside corner's attachment does this.

I don't do a whole bunch of night riding on twisities, and when I do I tend to keep the speed way down (deer run at night), but that shadow does bother me a tiny bit. However, it's such a tiny bit that I figure if I really worried about it, I'd get get auxilliary lights anyway.

26k miles and I'd do it again.

I don't do a whole bunch of night riding on twisities, and when I do I tend to keep the speed way down (deer run at night
+1 here (as those who rode to Russellville with me will surely verify. Slow poke night rider is my middle name (and there's never enough room on the forms for all that, either).

I've had the Tankslapper kit's 3M film over my headlights for just about all of its 91k miles. Not perfect, but I have been happy and it's a good "inbetween" amount of protection between stock and those faggoty-assed :eek: velcroed on headlight covers.