Headlight replacement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iris

formerly "herfjr"
Reaction score
I am probably in the wrong section but I need help changing my headlight bulb. I already know not to touch the bulb with my hand, I just need help replacing the broken bulb. I don't know how to remove the old one or put in the new one. Pictures would be an added help...if possible.

Thanks in advance.

-Iris

I am probably in the wrong section but I need help changing my headlight bulb. I already know not to touch the bulb with my hand, I just need help replacing the broken bulb. I don't know how to remove the old one or put in the new one. Pictures would be an added help...if possible. Thanks in advance.

-Iris
I'm assuming when you say "broken" that you mean it's burned out and not physically cracked or in pieces. Using +replacing +bulb I found this link for you.

I am probably in the wrong section but I need help changing my headlight bulb. I already know not to touch the bulb with my hand, I just need help replacing the broken bulb. I don't know how to remove the old one or put in the new one. Pictures would be an added help...if possible.

Thanks in advance.

-Iris
I'm assuming when you say "broken" that you mean it's burned out and not physically cracked or in pieces. Using +replacing +bulb I found this link for you.
when I click the link it gives me a reply page to this thread

I would be happy to show you how to change the headlight bulb. Looks like good weather this weekend. Let me know if you want to meet somewhere.

I replaced my headlights with Osrams a while ago and I have the original ones so I can even provide a lamp if you need it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Geezer. I just read the link and I'm going to try it. We are planning on riding Sunday. Wanna join us?

Thanks for the offer but I won't have much free time this weekend. I am in the middle of painting a house and I need to get it finished before it gets any colder. I was thinking that I could use the headlight replacement as an excuse to get out for an hour or two.