Headlights Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHFJR

Reaction score
Does the headlight on the 06 come on when the key is turned on or does the engine have to running?

On the older bikes, they come on with the engine running (be careful, if you shut the engine off with the kickstand and leave the ignition on, the headlights stay on and run the battery down.

I think the headlight/engine running is some sort of Euro mandate, but I'm not certain.

I have my 06 tore down with the gas tank off and I noticed the headlights don't work when I turn on the ignition on. I'm wondering if I screwed something up or doesn't the headlight go on until the engine is running? If you have an 06 please let me know. Thanks!

I have my 06 tore down with the gas tank off and I noticed the headlights don't work when I turn on the ignition on. I'm wondering if I screwed something up or doesn't the headlight go on until the engine is running? If you have an 06 please let me know. Thanks!
You have to start the bike fro the headlights to come on.

You have to start the bike fro the headlights to come on.

Thanks