Heat Troller Placement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flylooper

Reaction score
I wired up my '04 with a couple of powerlets, one of which was above the left swing arm, thinking that this is where I'll tap into some juice to run my electric jacket. Then, on thinking about it some more, there's going to be a lot of wire hanging off the side of the bike as the Heat Troller is plugged into my jacket.

I've yet to use this setup but I can see it isn't going to be as clean as I'd like it..

So......anyone got some suggestions on alternate setups to what I've got? Ideally, I'd have some kind of set up which would utilize my dash shelf, which currently houses my GPS and 5-in-1 meter.

Just looking for ideas.

Gracias!!

Bob

I wired up my '04 with a couple of powerlets, one of which was above the left swing arm, thinking that this is where I'll tap into some juice to run my electric jacket. Then, on thinking about it some more, there's going to be a lot of wire hanging off the side of the bike as the Heat Troller is plugged into my jacket.
I've yet to use this setup but I can see it isn't going to be as clean as I'd like it..

So......anyone got some suggestions on alternate setups to what I've got? Ideally, I'd have some kind of set up which would utilize my dash shelf, which currently houses my GPS and 5-in-1 meter.

Just looking for ideas.

Gracias!!

Bob

How about this?

190j3491.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Just looking for ideas.

Gracias!!

Bob

How about this?

190j3491.jpg

That is waay slick. Where can I get some directions, etc.?? That's exactly what I had in mind. Where do you plug into some juice with this kind of setup??

Bob

Just looking for ideas.

Gracias!!

Bob

How about this?

190j3491.jpg

That is waay slick. Where can I get some directions, etc.?? That's exactly what I had in mind. Where do you plug into some juice with this kind of setup??

Bob
If this is among the first electrical farkles you're installing, I'd take a step back. Ideally you should have a bus to power accessories. There are numerous threads on this topic... using a centech or blue sea. I have the latter, but either are good and using a bus helps keep things organized, allows you to relay all accessories and to individually fuse circuits based on their respective loads.

On my setup the top troller is used to control heated grips. The middle and bottom ones control hookups for electrical clothing. The rocker switch is an illuminated switch that controls my PHIDs.

Ideally, if you plan all your farkles at the same time you can then plan how you want to route all wiring and build your harnesses accordingly. In the case of the left fairing panel I installed Hitachi-type plugs inline so that disconnection was easy during servicing.

The rocker switch and hitachi plugs can be sourced from electrical connection at:

https://www.electricalconnection.com/category_breakdown.htm

The heatroller stuff comes from...

https://www.warmnsafe.com/

Blue Sea buses can be sourced from (among others)

https://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/store...hallpartial/0/0

Centech boxes can be found at...

https://www.aerostich.com/product.php?produ...=335&page=1

Hope this helps.

I have the Gerbing control on my jacket and I attach it to the panel just below the tank on the left side with velcro. I can adjust it with ease without looking and I can transfer it to whatever I am riding.