HEAT!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all the road construction blocking all my paths from my house, riding the bike in the heat and being stuck in a 30 minute construction line with 90+ temps was not on my list of things I wanted to do. I stuck with the car for the hot days and rode the FJR on Friday when it cooled down some.

This is the hottest I remember since movin here in the early 90s. My furnance went out last fall, and I decided that the investment for the cost of a hybrid system (heat pump and natural gas furnace) would pay for itself in 8 years; and now the nice side effect of having AC made it well worth the extra cost.

................ I got 111 on the way home last night at Ballinger Way and Bothell Way in Lake Forest Park. No wonder the island in Lake Ballinger caught fire.

Last week my bike read 109 on I-5 heading north from Seattle. I was really getting tired of driving through the smoke from that fire twice a day for about 4 days! Also traffic was much slower than usual due to stalled cars that couldn't handle the heat.