Heated Corbin Seat Amp Draw

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterguns

Reaction score
Thanks folks in advance for those that know and can advise. I have the driver's Corbin heated seat and am trying to figure out how many watts (or amps) the thing draws when turned on. Looked all over the seat but no information to be found on the seat. Looked throughout the Corbin website and nothing there either. I'm sure someone here knows so I hope to receive the information this way. Reason I'm asking, is I am undecided it I want to connect it directly to the battery or connect it to the FZ1. If not a lot of watts; I'd go with the FZ1 connection but if too high, I guess direct to the battery it will be.

Also tired of being a FNG so I am going to be posting some weird stuff but the above is legit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also tired of being a FNG so I am going to be posting some weird stuff but the above is legit.
Weird stuff you say? Weird is a relative term. It implies that something is different than what is normal or expected. Look around, Guns, there's NOTHIN' normal on this forum...

Copied from a Beemer forum,

"Anyway, Corbin advised that the GS seat draws 3.5 amps ,so it should be accepptable to use the BMW piggyback harness from the powerlet outlet. On a side note , 12v *3.5 amp = 42 watts of heat..."
I know, different bike and seat, but perhaps helpful?

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
Another link from the kool-aid kids, that confirms GAH's above info.

You've got a GEN II so unless you go ape with other electrical adds, plenty of capacity to run the seat.

Your choice for direct to battery or FZ1, either will work fine.

--G

Thanks garyahouse and escapefjrist. Since the FZ1 is right there under the seat, to the fuse block it'll be. And I agree, an additional 3.5 amps isn't going to overload anything; the system nor the block.

Just make sure that if we ever ride in a group, I'm in front. Nothing smells worse than hot ass...