Heated Glove Liners or Heated Gloves?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bud wanted heated grips for his ATV but got Synergy gloves. So he gave them to me. They suck. Thumbs to short, the left glove is hotter than the right, wiring is awkward. Useless.
I have heard about this from many and was the main reason I decided to buy the Gerbring gear instead. We are going down tomorrow to be fitted.

A bud wanted heated grips for his ATV but got Synergy gloves. So he gave them to me. They suck. Thumbs to short, the left glove is hotter than the right, wiring is awkward. Useless.
I have heard about this from many and was the main reason I decided to buy the Gerbring gear instead. We are going down tomorrow to be fitted.
Just curious, I see you live southern ca. , do you really need heated gear?

I moved out here from Chicago a little over 10 yrs ago and have never used any of my heated gear except for heated grips and I ride year round.

(Heated gloves) suck...wiring is awkward. Useless.
I love my heated grips (+Suzuki hand guards), which allow me to use my Cycleport Kevlar gloves all year. Today, it was 50 degrees when I left the house and I had to put my hands out into the airstream for a while, as the grip heaters (on low) were getting too warm.

Having consistent feel and feedback on/from the controls sure beats any kind of bulky hand wear, IMHO.

Just curious, I see you live southern ca. , do you really need heated gear?

I moved out here from Chicago a little over 10 yrs ago and have never used any of my heated gear except for heated grips and I ride year round.
I am not a daily rider and only use the heated gear for longer trips to Idaho, UT, Montana, Canada and hopefully Alaska this year. I need to be able to pack lighter and heated gear allows me to save room by not layering. On a 10-day tip riding 2-up with the wife in August this year it was 24 degrees at Crater Lake when we pulled out. I will not make that mistake again.