heated gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't tried these, but Gerbing makes a battery operated glove that's gotten good reviews in magazines.Gerbing gloves

I plan on buying a set when they're back in stock for bike and general winter use. I have Raynauds syndrom so my hands get cold really easily and these should be the ticket to comfort.
X2..my core heat is fine its my hands and feet that are cold.I have these..gloves not leather but Gerblings were not available at the time. Non't need or want to be wired :glare:

I haven't tried these, but Gerbing makes a battery operated glove that's gotten good reviews in magazines.Gerbing gloves

I plan on buying a set when they're back in stock for bike and general winter use. I have Raynauds syndrom so my hands get cold really easily and these should be the ticket to comfort.
X2..my core heat is fine its my hands and feet that are cold.I have these..gloves not leather but Gerblings were not available at the time. Non't need or want to be wired :glare:
I can see the gloves on their website if I search for gloves, but their link doesn't work. I guess I'll call them next week for more info. BTW, the Gerbing ones aren't leather either.

Patience is a virtue, my mom used to say; Now the link for the gloves is working. Besides minor differences like fabric color, these gloves look an awful lot like the Gerbing version. I wonder if they are made by the same manufacturer for both companies? I chatted with an Orvis rep and they told me that they warranty the gloves forever (same as Gerbing on their gloves) and they have them in stock. Now I just need to convince Santa that I really need a pair! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Further searching today reveals that Harley Davidson has LEATHER waterproof battery heated riding gloves. I know that Gerbings makes heated gear for Harley and these gloves look like the same battery pack as the Gerbing gloves. I found the best price Here at St Paul Harley for only $15 more than the fabric Gerbings snow glove. Just the leather upgrade is worth the price, although they should sell them for less because of the Harley Logo on them (which I'll have to remove somehow). :p

Further searching today reveals that Harley Davidson has LEATHER waterproof battery heated riding gloves. I know that Gerbings makes heated gear for Harley and these gloves look like the same battery pack as the Gerbing gloves. I found the best price Here at St Paul Harley for only $15 more than the fabric Gerbings snow glove. Just the leather upgrade is worth the price, although they should sell them for less because of the Harley Logo on them (which I'll have to remove somehow). :p
2 hours run time :blink: sorry but thats not enough, maybe thats at 100%. Doesn't look at all like my battery pack...?? The ones I have last all day..6-8 hours easy but I never need more that low or med heat. I belive Gerbling makes them and according to their rep last Street Vibrations they now make a leather version. Maybe they changed the battery design? Need to find out as the price is great!

Thanks for the link

Cary

IMHO, you can't do any better than a Heat-Troller® with some Gerbings® Snowmobile Gloves. The gloves are the most comfortable, supple gloves I've ever worn. CLICK

Oh it's a PITA for sure, but it'll work for sure. I was just trying to let the OP know that his desire to have gloves w/out a jacket liner is possible, even if cumbersome.
Besides, in my experience the gloves are not nearly as effective unless you keep your core temp up, too. If your body is warm you can expect your hands to be warmer, too. Gloves alone did not impress me last year when I started using heated gear (my liner was back ordered for quite some time and I used the Y harness and gloves only).

Get a liner and gloves. .02

I totally agree. Core heat is the key. Without my jacket liner I must have my heated gloves (found this out when liner went bad). Since, I have my liner back, I can ride with my summer gloves in 40+ weather (I also have hand guards).

I think it's worth the extra money for jacket liner for both the core heat and ease of use with gloves.

Dave
I never realized how important core temp was. I was always under the impression that if you kept the small, close to the surface vessels in the extremities warm then your core would stay warmer, but Mythbusters had an episode where they tested the efficacy of brandy in keeping you warm. They sat in a freezer until their extremities and core were at predetermined temps. They then embibed and observed that their extremities did in fact feel warmer. What then happened was their core temps then started to drop-fast. What they discovered was that their capilaries expanded, feeling warmer but, cooling down the blood faster. I know, I know some of the dynamics are different, but it still illustrates a point. I still like warm hands. :)

2 hours run time :blink: sorry but thats not enough, maybe thats at 100%. Doesn't look at all like my battery pack...?? The ones I have last all day..6-8 hours easy but I never need more that low or med heat. I belive Gerbling makes them and according to their rep last Street Vibrations they now make a leather version. Maybe they changed the battery design? Need to find out as the price is great!

Thanks for the link

Cary
The 2 hour run time is probably at full power. I noticed that the Gerbing gloves are rated about the same at full power. On low power, the Gerbing gloves are rated for up to 10 hours (if I remember correctly).

I tried the Tourmaster gloves didn't like them. They made my hands sweat and they were pretty bulky. I decided to go with Gerbings G3 gloves. I really like them.

Dave

Are the Gerbings gloves compatible with the Tourmaster gear or did you have to buy a new controller just for the gloves?

Bob

Looks like the same coupling. The controller is just to keep the gloves from being 'on' all the time. It probably works like an adjustable resistor on the Tourmaster's.

The Heat-Troller works by providing the garment with pulses of power. If you have two garments hooked to a Dual Heat-Troller, then the pulses alternate. It's very gently on your charging system and works great.

I use a Widder vest and the Gerbings gloves. The Widder connectors are different than the Gerbings so I needed a little adapter peice to plug into the vest, then the plug at the end of that four inches is for the Gerbings. The heat troller connectors are like the Gerbings and Tourmasters.

It's OK to wear different makes of heated clothing. There aren't any electronics in them, only elements for heating. How you power them is up to you.