Heated grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Answer: NO

You can fit the old ones on the newer bikes, but it won't be integrated - the controller won't even go into the nice knockout on the panel . . .

There's a reason the new ones cost 3 times what the ones for the first gens do - they are 'speed sensitive' and, as you correctly pointed out, plug-and-play.

Someone here was wanting to replace his factory OEM grips on his AE for something different - I suggested he sell his to someone else if he really wanted to replace his . . . .

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...=0&p=615649

Last edited by a moderator:
Another no. When I got my 2006 FJR in 2006, I ordered the factory heated grips. They came much sooner than the bike. I took them out of the box to install them once teh bike was delivered and noticed a problem soon after. They are not the same and the connectors aren't the same. Big difference. Took nearly a year to get the correct part.

They were ungodly expensive, some might say criminal, but I sure like how they work! My only complaint is that I have worn the factory grip material smooth. Not sure yet what I am going to do about that.

paul from Minnesota

My only complaint is that I have worn the factory grip material smooth. Not sure yet what I am going to do about that.
paul from Minnesota
Hockey stick tape... (classier than duct tape, in keeping with the quality of our fine steeds)

Duane... from Canada. ;)