Heated liner pants and over pants?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duster19

Reaction score
First off I love my Tourmaster over pants. They are really easy to slide on and off as well as being pretty warm. If I were to get a pair of heated liner pants to go with my heated jacket will they snap into my over pants? If not how much of a pain is it to put them on or take them off? Do they bunch up or get snagged while putting on or taking off?

I have a 25 minute ride to work and I'm wondering if the heated pant liners are worth it.

Thanks,

Dave

Duster ~

I can't speak specifically to the Tourmaster overpants, as I have a pair of FirstGear with liner instead.

I find mine to be good down to about 25 - 30 degrees with the liner installed, and my commute here in Spokane is 10 miles of the I-90 slab.

I find my legs and lower torso are good if I wear wool socks to keep my feet warm. Haven't felt the need for heated pants yet.

Are you planning on riding through the winter in the Tri-Cities? Up here, my main concern becomes the road/possible icing conditions before I run out of cold weather gear. YMMV in the Tri-Cities area for most of the winter.

Strictly from a personal note, I find that if I can keep my feet warm, and cut out the "Frozen Chin Syndrome" inside my modular helmet, either with an unrolled turtle neck or neck warmer, the heated jacket liner and gloves do a pretty good job.

Don

Edited to add: My bad... didn't answer your original question about how easy the pants/liner are to put on/take off. I find with the full length zipper on the outer part of the leg, they are a piece-O-cake.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not Friday but I can't resist. If you want "the boys" to be nice and toasty, by all means get the heated liner.

Duster ~I can't speak specifically to the Tourmaster overpants, as I have a pair of FirstGear with liner instead.

I find mine to be good down to about 25 - 30 degrees with the liner installed, and my commute here in Spokane is 10 miles of the I-90 slab.

I find my legs and lower torso are good if I wear wool socks to keep my feet warm. Haven't felt the need for heated pants yet.

Are you planning on riding through the winter in the Tri-Cities? Up here, my main concern becomes the road/possible icing conditions before I run out of cold weather gear. YMMV in the Tri-Cities area for most of the winter.

Strictly from a personal note, I find that if I can keep my feet warm, and cut out the "Frozen Chin Syndrome" inside my modular helmet, either with an unrolled turtle neck or neck warmer, the heated jacket liner and gloves do a pretty good job.

Don

Edited to add: My bad... didn't answer your original question about how easy the pants/liner are to put on/take off. I find with the full length zipper on the outer part of the leg, they are a piece-O-cake.
To answer your question. Last year I rode pretty much year around. In the 25 min. ride I don't get super cold. I use my fleece wader sweats under my over pants and wool socks. I'd kind of rather just get off my bike, slip out of my over pants/heated liner and not have to undress and change into work pants. I also have the set up so adding pants would only be "money" :) . I'm more concerned about the ease of use.

Dave

The tourmaster synergy heated chaps are easy to put on. Just one more thing to slip on and over your regular pants before you step into your riding overpants. I could see the need if your working indoors all day with light clothing and then jump on the bike. I find that heated gloves are the most important for me in the winter, below 50 degrees you'll see the heated gloves on my hands.. :) OK the jacket line toooo :)

Last edited by a moderator: