Heated Vest And Gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The heated gear has been great since my wife now is more willing to ride. I have it set up easy for her to just grab her Kilimanjaro jacket with FG liner in it, plug in ang go. We both like heat so the liners are used anytime it's below 60. Last night did a couple hours around local back roads and it was between 50 and 55 with slight rain. Jackets on about "2 or 3" clicks. Grips on low. Nice and warm. Two jackets and grips on I was still at 14 volts. Pant liners could be a problem on my KTM 1190. I wonder if any of you guys know if the FJR stator can support two jacket liners, two pant liners, one gloves, and grips? I always carry an Antigravity XP5 just in case.
This is true but only for Gen 3 ... Gen II is less but still workable., Gen 1 not so much ...

They have increased the EEC steadily over the years ...

Warm n' Safe user here for a few years...love the stuff. Have a Gen 4 jacket liner, gloves, glove liners with the wireless remote. I only recently picked up the gloves (Ultimate Touring model) and while they are very warm, the boxy shape of the thumbs give a pretty ambiguous feel on the LH controls (turn signal switch primarily).

The glove liners have eliminated the one cold spot I have when riding below in the 40's and below. I have the lead tucked behind the fairing, and pull it out when I'm using it. It still beats up the fairing a bit. I'm quite warm with my existing jackets, but am considering a heated jacket liner simply because it makes it so easy to plug in the glove liners, versus using the long Y cable through your sleeves.

I'm quite warm with my existing jackets, but am considering a heated jacket liner simply because it makes it so easy to plug in the glove liners, versus using the long Y cable through your sleeves.
+1^ And you'll never think about layering again. I also have a couple of removable liners that haven't left the hanger in awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
+2 - That is the big advantage of a heated liner vs layering. If you buy your riding jacket snug enough to hold the armor in place when it's needed in warm weather, you usually do not have tons of room for multiple layers of warmth underneath. The e-liners are relatively thin (don't have much insulation in them) and will be more comfortable with the heat turned off or on.

I bought a Y cable so I could run the gloves without the liner, but have actually never used it once. If its cold enough for the gloves, the liner goes on too.

Last edited by a moderator:
a big shout out to the wireless controller for heated gear. A little velcro on the dash and it's heated gear heaven.

+1 for the Gerbing heated gloves. I find that when I am wearing them, my whole body is warm. Although I have Tourmaster heated jacket and pants liners, I have not used them since I got the Gerbings. I'll ride all winter here in PA so long as there is no ice / snow on the road.

Once I ran the wires (Y cable) inside my jacket (down the arms), all issues I had with the wiring was gone. I keep the controller in my side pocket, and connect to a pigtail that is at hip level. With the controller in my pocket, I cannot adjust it while riding, but once I get the temperature set, I find I do not need to.